The highlights of this week! Some good fishing on the Charles we also caught a few pike, smaller bass and carp, catfish, and a calico bass Very Happy

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 am

nice mixed bag. 2 for 1 fishing.

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 am

Thank you actually the bass was caught in my boat but the carp was caught off shore but I caught the carp Friday and the bass Saturday and yesterday while carp fishing I threw my line out 20/30 feet away from a whole bunch of perch jumping from these 2 pikes surrounding it and I caught a pike with bread!!! The most suprizing thing ever to happen to me! I was astounded that I caught a pike with bread!!!! But anyways I threw a few spinners out there hooked on another pike and sooooooooo many perch that day

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:54 pm

I wasnt aware the Charles had Pike. hmm, good to know..

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 pm

It was either a northern pike or a chain pickeral there not my target species so I'm not sure the difference here is a pic he was pretty aggressive that's why I was holding him like that

Either way it's crazy that the fish being so aggressive ate a piece of bread

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

I just did some reaserch definitely a chain pickeral because the teardrop marking under its eye

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I used to have guys I worked with in the 80's tell me about monster carp that they'd fight for hours, landing some and losing others. The bass have always had good reputation there as well! Next year I haven't fished it in probably 15 years or more, but think I'm going to try to fish it again next season.

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 pm

I can't speak for the Charles, but the Ct River is on FIRE!!!!!
20 minutes this morning produced 3 25lb+ Carp all 3ft long.
And they are still there, wish I wasn't WORKING!! only couple more weeks then they be gone, So go get em now...

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 am

I have been in a fight for 20+ minutes what they do around here is they'll come close then go right back out then dig themselves into the weeds then all you do is let out a bunch of slack and they think there unhooked then they come out and you can get them in but sometimes I wait for them to come out for like 30 minutes!!!

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links