I bought these awesome clear mini skirts with black fleck and holographic glitter double sided. I looked up pics on how to rig them to my soft baits and I can't seem to find any useful ones. I think I'm supposed to rig them sideways so they flair out like whiskers but I'm, wondering if I can also cut them in half and just stick them above my soft plastic bait perhaps something like a senko texposed if the fish would like that? Sorry I'm terribly clueless when it comes to soft plastics. It's uncharted territory for me.

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 am

They look like punch skirts you use them with a punch weight that has a lip the you put the skirt over so it sits on top of the hook

After taking another look they don't look like punch skirts. They look like jig skirts

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:22 am

Years ago..yamamoto use to sell just skirts to use with their worms and twin tail grubs...you could mix and match colors to try and match the hatch so to say..

before a tourney, I would super glue the skirt to the twin tail grub..I would make up a bunch, so that when I was competing, I didnt have to do it on the water..

Hope this helps..best of luck!

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 am

I rig them wacky most of the time.

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 am

never seen them before id like to screw around with them

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:44 am

I cut one in half and it fits on a jig really well. It also seems to work well Texas rigged.I guess I just have to mess around with them.

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links