We're finally making it on a child free fishing trip...which rarely happens.
We haven't gotten a large mouth this season and we want one bad... I prefer shore fishing with this trip since we're taking a smaller vehicle and I don't want to strap the canoe to it. We generally fish in Ashland, Hopkinton and Upton... We want it to be trip originally we were talking about going out to Deerfield River...but we're going there to trout fish this fall.
Suggestions on a great place more than welcome

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm

hopefuly the fishing will be better for you, then it has been for me.

i caught one bass a 1lbser on a finesse jig.

best bet for bass. fish early mornings, dusk,night, cloudy days

use frogs in pads,jigs and shiners. find a place with no pickerel so you know you have a bass WHEN you hook into a fish.

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:24 pm

I just got a new frog too. I've been using a diver and it's worked well, just not on large mouths.

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Suggestions for lakes?

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 pm

i dont fish north shore. im a south shore guy.

i can put you on fish down here. or at least try to.

make sure you got braid and a heavy rod for frogs. i made the mistake when i first started froggin. using mono and medium action rod.

lost many fish and lures

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:44 pm

I'll definitely take south shore suggestions.
I just got back to fresh water fishing I've been ocean fishing mostly, so the spots I used to hit at haven't been as good as I remember. I haven't not caught something yet, just not what I want lol.
And I'll definitely look into your line suggestion, mines junk, to me at least I'm re doing it this week anyway.

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Jacobs pond. Whitmans res Blington sea

There's 365 ponds in Plymouth!

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm

I ended up in Plymouth after your suggestion... Late start... Very late start... So we only had a real hour... We finally made it, and someone had just pulled a 9lb lmb from the pond.
We are definitely making it back there soon though we actually saw fish jumping at the dragonflys and one jumped at my frog... Caught nothing though... But we're definitely going back.
Thank you for the tip

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:33 am

9 pounder from billington?? that's awesome.

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 am

9lbser thats so awesome..... didnt a 10lbser get pulled out of there few years ago??? someone weighed it in for a pin

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am

We ended up at a different pond... That's where it was pulled from.
I didn't catch it lol it was caught like fifteen min. Before I got there .
I saw on here it was a fishing comp and it was 9.5
Anyway we're doing our kid free or older kid only trips in Plymouth now lol

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:24 am

plymouth is a great place for fishing. many ponds that hold very big fish

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 am

My dad and nephew are coming over for the weekend and they're both avid fishermen and I'd like to take them someplace fun. I'm in Easton, but I'm willing to drive a ways if it's someplace that will be worth it. They prefer bass fishing... any suggestions? We would probably be fishing from shore although we have a 12 ft boat (unregistered, so no motor) but in the right conditions I could be talked into rowing for a morning.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and any help with exactly where the pull offs were, how far we'd need to walk in and all that would be appreciated. I'd really like to give my dad and nephew a fun, memorable guy's weekend. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links