Fished one of the small ponds off of Chebacco Rd in Hamilton Sunday late afternoon using shiners. Good size pickerel hitting and even landed a few. No bass, just pickerel and some small pearch. Daughter and I had a great time.

Posted Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 am

I'd like to start fishing pickerel more often. Can anyone recommend good spots on the North Shore to catch pickerel? From what I understand the Charles River area around Waltham is a good area, but anywhere else to hit? Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 am

plymouth area lakes have god pick fishing billghting sea has great Pick fishing!!!! 2-3lbs all day with good 4-5 lbs in there like they were sent to make your day. Fish slow and deep in the weeds and it will pay off

Posted Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:06 pm

if you want to make the trip out to Auburn, Eddy Pond is loaded. I've only been there ice fishing, but i've had days where I have flags go up before I even get all my traps set up and the bite was constant all day. A lot of fun on lightweight jigging poles too.

Posted Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 pm

lake attitash has some huge pickeral and pike in there ive caught a 7.1lb pickeral {profile pic} not that long ago

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links