If you had to pick one pond/lake to fish for Bass in or around Stoneham/Wakefield/Andover/reading/Tewksbury areas, which one would it be?

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 pm

crickets

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:10 pm

? Just posted it

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 pm

It would be the one quickly ruined by answering this question. If you want to ask about a particular lake, pm me and I will give you an honest opinion.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

exactly. Once people start talking about their spots all the lurkers go pound it

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

shawneramone

exactly. Once people start talking about their spots all the lurkers go pound it

Good to see you guys are learning.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Shrug. I'm confused then. I just read about the Merrimack and where to go and what to watch out for but I just ask about a 20 square mile area and it was like I was asking for someone social security number. All good.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Some places like the Merrimack are considered known. But there are hundreds o small ponds that people consider theirs. They go there a lot and don't see a lot of other people so they don't want to announce it on the internet because then it'll get a lot of pressure. This happened to Fosters. I used to post trips about that place 2 seasons ago. I could go there anytime and maybe see another person. Last year that place got pounded. Every time I went there were people there. People just want to protect their spots. It's nothing personal. I told you about Beck pond in essex. It's perfect for your boat. There's no ramp, very little parking. I only remember ever seeing 2 other guys besides me.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm

what the last 2 guys said.

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Small ponds only have limited large bass. One person who does not practice catch and release could take the largest females out of the picture. (I saw a guy take three 4lb. bass during the spawn) I got there as he was leaving. I told him he was an ass he drove away giving me the finger.

Loose lips sink fishing...

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Used to have a spot that we never had to share with more then one or two other boats now there is 5 or 6 people there rain snow or shine its sad

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:17 am

johnyak

Small ponds only have limited large bass. One person who does not practice catch and release could take the largest females out of the picture. (I saw a guy take three 4lb. bass during the spawn) I got there as he was leaving. I told him he was an ass he drove away giving me the finger.

Loose lips sink fishing...

he can enjoy that delicious mercury!

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:47 am

What pisses me off is instead of eating a bass why wouldn't they just keep some white or yellow perch or giant sunfish. Whenever my grandfather wants me to bring him fish home I just catch a few sunnies and a few perch they don't taste bad there are plenty to go around at most places and you end up with such small pieces it doesn't overload you with merc

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:51 am

I feel that if you have a license you are welcome to bring home your limit and eat it. Personally, I'd rather have people consuming their fish rather then killing it just to hang on their wall. Sure it sucks if someone is taking good fish out of a pond but it's their right if they follow the rules.

I just get pissed when I see people taking undersized fish and way more than allowed. I also assume most of these people don't even have licenses.

Just my opinion.

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 am

Yea but like that guy said if you take 4 4lbers from a tiny pond how long did it taken those fish to become that big , how many other large females are in there you should be able to keep one bass a day

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links