Went on my annual trip to Maine on Father's day weekend. Fished
Friday,Saturday,and Sunday. Fishing was great as usual but the fishing was off due to the high water levels. I think the high water levels have the fish confused for spawning. Caught a lot of Smallies
and Largemouth's. Can catch more fish in an hour up there then I do
all day here or New Hampshire. Was fishing an area near a boat ramp and saw a Damsel in distress in a boat. A guy and two woman
were putting their boat in and forgot to tie the rope off,or have someone hold the rope to the boat. It was quite windy and the boat
started to float away from the dock. Woman inside boat was in a panic as the boat was blowing toward the shore line with rocks.
Guy was about to jump in to swim to the boat. I yelled over to them
to say i would drive my boat to them and pull it back to the dock for them which I did with success. My friend and I were fishing our last few hours on Sunday before heading home. When we got to the boat ramp there was a father and son fishing at the dock area. The boy was using a bobber and night crawler catching some
sun fish. We were waiting for some other boats to leave so we fished near the dock. The Father and son saw us catch some Bass.
When we pulled up to the dock, we gave them some of our Senko
worms to use because that is what we were getting the Bass on.
We set up the boys rod with the worm wacky style. His first cast he
caught a 1 1\2 pound Bass !! The look on his and his Father's face was priceless. They took some pictures and thanked us. We gave them a few worms in the bag so they could see what to get. I hope this was a good Father's day for all the Dad's out there.
Unfortunately my Dad passed away a few years ago. But the memories i have fishing with him will last my lifetime and I hope we created some good memories for this Father and Son.

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:42 am

Nice save Exclamation

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Awesome job all around guys!

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Great trip!!!

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:30 pm

That sounds like a great trip!! U helped out the lady adrift, caught a bunch of fish and helped a youngster and father get a kickstart on an activity they can enjoy for many years to come. Doesn't get much better.

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Total awesomeness

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links