Hey guys, I am going camping today until Monday, and while i'm down there my buddy and I want to get out on some ponds basically the whole time. Anyone know of any good bass spots in Sandwich? We're going to Shawme Crowell campground

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:46 pm

I've never fished it, but Shawme Lake is supposed to be good. Know someone that used to do really well there. You are either right on it or will be a couple of minutes away Exclamation

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Besides what other input from other angles i'd just recommend going on google earth and finding some locals ponds. Pick a few that and have a blast. The capes got great fishing all around!

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I might be that someone Don knows..and he is right there are some nice bass in there plus big picks if thats what you like...I don't know what your fishing out of but this pond is cartopper only..No way you can get any kinda big boat in there..so if you fishing out of a canoe,yak or crawdad this place is perfact...There is a few spots off of Grove St where you can put in plus you might be able to put in at the cemetery..Also there is a upper Shawme pond but you will have to carry your boat up over the dam but if your young and strong there will be no problem..Lower Shawme is real shallow no more then 3 ft and upper is about 10 ft max...Good Luck let us know how you do..

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:36 am

Thanks guys! I'm heading out in a little bit I'll prob try upper and and lower shawme, but I couldnt bring the canoe with me so I gotta fish from shore. Hopefully the senkos work there magic!

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:25 am

Yeah Richie, you are that "someone" Exclamation Laughing

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 pm

ugh, of course I get all my stuff together, and was about to go hit the water with my buddy and a park ranger decided to check out my campsite and kick us out today for having too many people :/ didn't even get to fish at all today. oh well, theres always tomorrow!

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links