The wife is away this weekend so the fisherman will play. I am looking for suggestions on where to fish this weekend. I live in the Dedham area and I am willing to travel about an hour one-way. I do not have a boat so it will be all shore fishing. I like to fish for trout and bass. Any suggestions from the mafishfinder community? Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

If you don't want to travel too far there are a bunch of places on the Charles in Dedham to wet a line...such as behind Moselys or at the park across the street, or across from the VFW, or along Rivermoor Street behind Home Depot, Millenium Park, along Needham Street, across from Dedham Mall where Mother Brook starts

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:52 pm

I have actually fished along that area of the Charles in Dedham/Needham. Some decent bass and pickerel fishing. I have heard a lot of chatter about lakes in Plymouth. Any of them offer decent fishing from the shore?

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:44 pm

the charles is 3 feet higher than it was a few weeks ago and moving very fast in places. parking lot on forest rd millis is under water so is the stone bench at west st. the falls at natick look like niagara. good luck with that.

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 pm

If you get to Walden Pond in Lincoln on the weekend early you can get in. Large trout, smallmouth and largemouth bass. Bring one rod and a pocket full of plastics. The place gets busy, weekday would be better, walk around the entire pond in the water. The only cover is along the shore, the bass will be right in front of you, cast along the cover. I'd use Tubes, Senko's Topwater should be perfect also. (It may be up to your eye balls with all the rain)

Buckmaster, in Westwood small pond has some big bass, trout also.

Jamacia Pond. most guys are fishing for the trout, plenty of big bass, big trout also.

Needham/Dedham line on the Charles great place for MONSTAH CARP I caught carp over 40" along this stretch...

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:39 pm

johnyak

If you get to Walden Pond in Lincoln on the weekend early you can get in. Large trout, smallmouth and largemouth bass. Bring one rod and a pocket full of plastics. The place gets busy, weekday would be better, walk around the entire pond in the water. The only cover is along the shore, the bass will be right in front of you, cast along the cover. I'd use Tubes, Senko's Topwater should be perfect also. (It may be up to your eye balls with all the rain)

Buckmaster, in Westwood small pond has some big bass, trout also.

Jamacia Pond. most guys are fishing for the trout, plenty of big bass, big trout also.

Needham/Dedham line on the Charles great place for MONSTAH CARP I caught carp over 40" along this stretch...

John you ever fish the needham/dover section? By village park...I think its mill st. There is a waterfall and some nice rapids, just couldn't find a place to park the car.

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links