Ever heard of a CL8 Baby possum?

I seen some guys catch big bass on them but all that's running through my mind is he is going to cast it and spool himself because it's 3.5oz or a pickerel is going to get hold of it and break the line.

Anyone mind looking it up and telling me how bad of a mistake he just made by ordering it?

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Go to newenglandfishing.net and search keyword possum. You'll see a ton of reports using that bait and a ton of big fish. Dad is always right - remember that.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Your dad just fell down the rabbit hole. Good for him! Hopefully he found a sale, Memorial Day weekend is a good time to buy tackle.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Holy hell! That's a big lure! And a big price tag! I can't imagine anything at least in my neck of the woods that would take that bad boy, maybe that 9.9 pounder posted a couple weeks ago could handle that thing! I'd love to hear how you dad does with it, I have to admit I've never heard of a possum lure before, weirdest thing I've heard of is a quacking duck lure.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm

skewl

Holy hell! That's a big lure! And a big price tag! I can't imagine anything at least in my neck of the woods that would take that bad boy, maybe that 9.9 pounder posted a couple weeks ago could handle that thing! I'd love to hear how you dad does with it, I have to admit I've never heard of a possum lure before, weirdest thing I've heard of is a quacking duck lure.

You'll be surprised, a largemouth bass isn't called largemouth for nothing. 1.5lbers will slurp it down. Search youtube, its a popular bait.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Well it sounds like I need to be a little more ambitious then!

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm

i love the bettencourt rodent swimming rat. caught 3 on it the last 3 days. 2 big ones, 1 standard keeper.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 pm

samf

i love the bettencourt rodent swimming rat. caught 3 on it the last 3 days. 2 big ones, 1 standard keeper.

i got one last year. I didn't throw it a lot. I plan to throw that and my slammers more this year . Just got the revo3 winch for my swimbait rod

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 7:48 pm

never threw it until this year. i know it's not a numbers bait so i just stuck with it for awhile and caught a few. they seem to like it in your neck of the woods.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 8:12 pm

I hope to get over there tomorrow. I'm dealing with a tire situation on my car. I may need to get new tires in the morning. Swimbaits are already on the boat

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 pm

What size and color of bettencourt rodent swimming rat do you guys have?

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I watched a big largemouth try repeatedly to eat a fully mature mallard duck one day at congamond. If I hadnt watched it first hand I never believe it! Amazing what they try to eat.

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 am

I use big swim baits all the time. Not fror the weak of wallet. LOL!

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links