I am new to catfish fishing and i was hoping to see if anyone has any tips on how to catch them and where.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm

ya im looking forward to catching some blue catfish too but i have almost no experience. anyone who fishes for the monsters Very Happy with any advice, could you tell us.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 7:23 pm

I would be interested in learning how to catch catfish in general?

I was told

Cortege park - Pond across the street
Night Time
Cut up minnows

I have yet to try it though.

Posted Sun May 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Just an FYI there are no blue catfish in mass.

The best hooks for catching catfish are the circle hooks. Avoid using treble hooks because they will make catch and release fishing difficult if not impossible because catfish tend to inhale the bait.

Also be prepared to deal with snapping turtles. Consider getting yourself a hook remover like this one:

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Stainless-Steel-Hook-Remover/product/30220/

For bait cheap hot dogs marinated in garlic infused corn oil. Re-use a salsa jar, fill it half full with corn oil, add three cloves of freshly chopped garlic and hot dog chunks sized to fit on the hooks you are using. Seal and let it marinade for several days.

When you are ready to go fishing transfer the bait to a ziplock bag.

Add more hot dogs to your marinade jar so you will have more bait for the net trip.

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 8:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links