Well the weather isnt looking favorable for the weekend but i know the fish dont mind the rain. ill be heading out to quaddick reservoir to do some pike fishing on my pals new boat and i for one enjoy the bite that comes with the rain. In my opinion some of the best fishing ive had has been during heavy/medium heavy rain. The fish seem to feed more vigorously and the rain seems to make presenting lures to the fish more easy due to the fact of the disturbance of the rain on the top of the water. So its time to strap on the old yellow rubber fish suit and have a blast!

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I'll be out a bunch this weekend too. Was planning on cod fishing but the weather is going to keep us off the boat for now.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm

I will be out there all weekend too. I agree that the rain can make for a good bite. I usually don't mind the rain unless it's cold or really coming down in buckets. Lightning I hate.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I'll be out as well. Few places I fish, due to traffic, only really turn on during the nights and/or rainy sessions.

Fishing can be great, though of course, other factors play a part.

Over all though well worth the hassle lol.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

A wise man once said, it's only rainin gon top of the water.

Some of my biggest fish have come either right before a storm or in the middle of a straight down pour.

Good luck and stay dry!

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Looks like rain AND wind with gusts to 25 mph this weekend, but lightning and thunder should stay away.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:14 pm

aem1031

A wise man once said, it's only rainin gon top of the water.

Some of my biggest fish have come either right before a storm or in the middle of a straight down pour.

Good luck and stay dry!

Funny cause that isn't what the wise men say in Big Trouble in Little China!

[walking outside in the rain, Jack and Egg fight for control of the umbrella]

Wang Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.

Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 pm

The don't care if it's raining, they're already wet.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

I prefer the rain especially in the warmer weather as it keeps the crowds and pleasure craft away.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 2:40 pm

shawneramone

I will be out there all weekend too. I agree that the rain can make for a good bite. I usually don't mind the rain unless it's cold or really coming down in buckets. Lightning I hate.

that morning on webster couldve been worse

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 pm

quaddick has some monster northerns my buddy gotone pushin 50in through the ice this year

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 7:47 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links