I know this was mentioned somewhere, but I couldn't find the thread. So, what is the verdict? Anybody been using this bait consistently? Dick's has them on sale right now, I had 2 of them in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger! Laughing They should work if it is a different kind of action that the fish aren't used to seeing. I just hate to add to a collection of baits that I already don't use Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 am

I bought a few and have had some luck but the bills break really easy on them i have noticed.

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:09 am

Everytime i have used it ive atleast caught one fish on it im starting to become very comfortable with it and have hit it off plenty of rocks and plenty of branches and have yet to see one break.

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks. Went back to Dick's this morning and bought a shad and a crank. Will try to give them a workout tomorrow and report back. Laughing

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm

my local dicks dont have them yet Sad me want

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:29 pm

sounds like a good reason for a trip to bass pro!!

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm

basshunter93

sounds like a good reason for a trip to bass pro!!

20% off at Dick's this week Exclamation The Brockton store had an end display set up.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 am

same with the Dedham store Smile

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 am

Have two of them and have pitched them during the four times that I have been out. I really like the action but it takes some time to really learn how to control the bait as you are retrieving it (especially when you are ass cold and did not dress properly - rod shaking and pulling it in too fast.) However, I was able to catching some nice LM (4) on the most recent outings within a relatively short amount of time working that lure. Now given the warmer weather coming in and more time to learn it I think it will be a favorite in my box. So far it seems sturdy.

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

I've been giving the shad and the crank a good workout for the past 2 weeks and have had only 1 bass on that managed to jump off! I've found that they seem to attract mostly panfish. The perch can't resist them Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Can't wait to try mine out this weekend. I'll report back.

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I bought 2 last week. Went to my favorite spot and caught a fish on it so that helped. Went out the next day and caught 10 bass on the baby bass crank. The third time I used them I caught 4 fish on a day I couldn't get them to bite anything else. I went to Dick's and bought 2 more

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 am

ive caught 2 bass and a perch between my baby bass crank and blue gill shad.

I like the lures, but I just wish they came in a slightly larger size with more weight for casting distance.

Also, are you guys tying these directly to the eyelet or with a rapala knot?

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 8:22 am

scoobystas

ive caught 2 bass and a perch between my baby bass crank and blue gill shad.

I like the lures, but I just wish they came in a slightly larger size with more weight for casting distance.

Also, are you guys tying these directly to the eyelet or with a rapala knot?

I agree about the size and weight. I use a Norman quick clip on my cranking rod. I makes for easy lure changes and helps the action

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links