I just wanted some tips for fishing them from shore instead of a boat

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:09 pm

It may be a bit late in the season for this one, but worms and cranks coming up a sloping shoreline can score big while the bass are between prespawn and spawn locations. Right now, tossing Carolina and Texas rigged plastics to weedy areas is good. Also, I saw a really good tip in Field and Stream which is just about exclusively for shore anglers. Cast a bell sinker or weedless lure (preferably a bell sinker) out on top of some bushes and try to shake them. This will cause mayflies to fall into the water below, which the bluegill will eat which will then, in turn, bring bass to the party. Not sure how long this process takes but give it a shot, it sounds logical.

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks, yea i have been using the carolina slip rig with plastic worm and it works pretty good.

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 pm

anglerman17

Thanks, yea i have been using the carolina slip rig with plastic worm and it works pretty good.

generally the c rig is mostly used for deeper water but can work well in shallow water with vegetated bottoms if you use bouyant plastics so they hover above the weeds but you kinda gotta know about how deep the weedline is so you can adjust your leader length accordingly. right now the most simplistic ,cheapest,easiest and most consistant way to make any bass have a bad day is the wacky rig! especially when a finesse aproach is necessary but all year round there is just something about rigging a weightless worm with the hook in the middle that forces them to have to kill it! texas rigged soft plastics with very little weight , just enough to get your plastic to sink slowly and definately start throwing lizards if you havent been already! the bass in my neck of the woods have been bedding for about a week or so now and i will destroy them on anything that looks like a nest robber, lizards ,soft plastic turtles (yes there is actually a company that makes them and yes bass do actually kill the crap out of small turtles stupid enough to go near a nest lol) and big bite baits makes an awsome little soft plastic called the warmouth and its basically a small sunfish shape that you lay flat and texas rig it threw the side so that it has a crazy erratic fall and mimics a bluegill or pumpkinseed feeding off the bottom (if you ever watch them feed off the bottom in shallow water they tend to swim kind of on their side almost like a flounder ). and then there is always the old year round stand by that also works incredible for nesting bass the almighty JIG!!

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Be ready to lose more baits than you think is possible.

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links