Going to Stump Tomorrow evening for the Thursday Night Fishing League. Never been before, my Maiden voyage, any tips or sugestions? Thanks Muskie

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 pm

stump pond on webster lake?

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Yes, be extra careful, the submerged stumps are everywhere and will capsize you if not. But lots of great structure. It's also mostly very shallow. I believe there is a bathymetric map online.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:47 pm

i caught my biggest bag of bass out of stump pond that weighed just under 28lbs. tons of pickerel back there right now but there some big bass try throwing senkos and poppers

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Stump Pond in Westborough. Thanks guys, all honesty, i would love a huge ESOX!!!! but a 10lb Larry would work hahaha

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Regardless of what anyone says about it i would still like to fish that place sooner or later...

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

muskiebigfish

Going to Stump Tomorrow evening for the Thursday Night Fishing League. Never been before, my Maiden voyage, any tips or sugestions? Thanks Muskie

Only fished it once but it was short lived as I flipped the canoe haha. The fish we had up to that point were on senkos and jigs up close to the stumps. They are EVERYWHERE, but Im not so sure what is accessible from shore.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Im fishing with Centralmassfish, i believe he is bringing his boat
Thanks again

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I was there a month ago, there are no stumps showing they are all under water. not like last year.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:26 pm

That's an interesting development. Changes the nature of the game a little bit, don't it?

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:52 pm

bloomagoo

That's an interesting development. Changes the nature of the game a little bit, don't it?

It wont change where the bass are holding too much. Just because the stumps are underwater doesnt mean the bass wont relate to them, they are just a little harder to find. But once you get out there cast and drag a jig or something of the nature and you will find all the stumps.

At this point if they haven't already they will be up shallow spawning anyways. If they have those stumps will be good holding spots.

If your buddy has electronics, try to find isolated stumps away from the minefield in there.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm

i have been wanting to try this place but i am unclear if i can launch my 175 tracker and park my trailer

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 pm

scott2010

i have been wanting to try this place but i am unclear if i can launch my 175 tracker and park my trailer

launching and parking no problem. its navigating that is the issue.
I have seen bassboats out there (not many) but they just use electric once away from the ramp. right now it is especially risky because most stumps are submerged by less than a foot and you don't have a clue where they are cause you never been there. some people only fish the part near the ramp and not out back past the island in stump land.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm

thanks maybe i'll man up and take a chance.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

scott2010

thanks maybe i'll man up and take a chance.

good luck , wasn't trying to put you off it, just pointing out it is more of a cartopper pond.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links