Pretty excited I came across these babies:

Waiting to use them topwater to attract bigger bass in "the slop". 10 inches. 4 days left of work next week then off to The Bahamas for 7 days. When I get back it should be GO TIME on the water.

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Those look great. Have a great vacation!

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm

cool looking baits have you used em before?

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 6:47 pm

bassinbrooksy

Not these ones. I often use 12 inch worms to get attention along the tops of lilly pads but I do believe the action on these baits will be better. Cannot wait to try!

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm

grayrider16

bassinbrooksy

Not these ones. I often use 12 inch worms to get attention along the tops of lilly pads but I do believe the action on these baits will be better. Cannot wait to try!

hmmm odd.. i fish 10 and 12 inch worms during summer alot but have never tryed using them like a topwater frog, i usually just swim them slowly along grasslines but never as a topwater. ill have to give it a try this summer and see what happens thanks for the idea lol

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm

I know it's weird but often I throw the huge worms (or these snake lures) out onto the mats and make as much commotion as I can. I don't really try and get hits with them. I then throw a 4 inch senko or 5 inch grub right near the area at a break in the weeds. The bass are waiting for it and it's easier to get a good hook up on the smaller bait. Sort of like fake plastic "chumming" Very Happy

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm

grayrider16

I know it's weird but often I throw the huge worms (or these snake lures) out onto the mats and make as much commotion as I can. I don't really try and get hits with them. I then throw a 4 inch senko or 5 inch grub right near the area at a break in the weeds. The bass are waiting for it and it's easier to get a good hook up on the smaller bait. Sort of like fake plastic "chumming" Very Happy

lol k i do that when frog fishing, an old guy i met when i first started froggin told me id lose less fish if i kept a spinning rod rigged with a weightless senko with me so whenever a fish hits the frog but misses or i set the hook to soon i reel it in quickly then toss the worm into the same spot where the frog got hit and 9 out of 10 times the bass is still there pissed off looking for something to kill lol. he called it "the rope a dope" lol so far it has worked great for me and whenever i go frog fishing i wont be cought dead without a spinning rod and a bag of yum dingers

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links