I recently purchased a new Bass Raider by Pelican and want to add a trolling motor. I live in MA so obviously it needs to be registered so my question is, what is an MSO certificate I need to bring with me to Boston? I didn't get any paperwork with the boat, just a receipt, a "how to" for putting the seats together and an "accessories" flyer. Can anyone advise on the items I need to bring with me so I can stop trying to paddle this thing and get it registered.

Much appreciated,

Pdub

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 7:33 pm

After checking the mass website to what you need it says you should have got it from the store. Maybe your receipt doubles as the mso (doubt it). I'd call the store

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 pm

It should have been taped to the boat when you purchase it. When I bought mine they gave be the wrong seats. They were actually nicer seats than I were suppose to get, so I just order the seat frames online and kept them instead of returning them.

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Ya the plastic wrapper on the inside of the boat, looks like a shipping label insert, is empty. Someone must have sniped it at some point prior to when I bought it. Looks like another week without a motor.

Sigh Confused

Thanks for the info.

Pdub~

Posted Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 pm

The vendor should never have let you leave the store without the MSO. That is crap ass service and I would raise a big stink with them. They owe you big time for the inconvenience they created. Use it to your advantage. If the store gives you a hard time complain to the manufacturer. They will want to know that a dealer isn't on the up and up.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 am

I just may do that. I now have to drive back up Nashua to Dicks and see if I can get something or gotta wait around for a new one to be delivered. My fault a little, I should have checked.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 am

I don't know. Anytime I buy a pair of shoes, the cashier checks to see if they're the same sizes? They should be on top of that..

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 am

I'll bet Dicks will provide some sort of service recovery to you for the inconvenience.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 am

dicks - biggest fuckshop everywhere - I never go back there

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:26 am

Also if you went to NH to save sales tax that won't work. You still have to pay tax in mass.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 am

It is not an insurmountable problem but definitely a pain in the ass. I appreciate that you stated you didn't look for the documentation, but they should be responsible for that error. I would seriously consider returning it for a new one with a MSO. If you added any rod holders or cleats and have screw hole damage, it would not deter me from holding them accountable to make it right.

My 2 cents.

Charlie

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 8:46 am

I chose Nashua cause I'm in Tewksbury and its the closest one that had the Raider, Saugus didnt have any of them and NH had 4 so paying the tax is not an issue and a quick fix. I'm going to call them and see what they recommend for next steps but worse case is I throw the boat on the roof, bring it back and get a new one. No screw holes, only in the water once and I have 30 days to return and only had it for a week.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 am

Just called Dicks, they have 3 more boats and NONE have the MSO cert in the packaging. They are calling the manufacturer to get an MSO for all the boats. He opened up the 3 boats plastic wrap cause I said I was bringing mine back to replace and he said they were all empty, strange. Waiting in a call back from Dicks/manufacturer with the right paperwork. What a TIME SUCK this turned out to be.

Posted Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links