so i was changing out the water in my bait coller downstairs and i only had 4 pike bait shiners left so i put them in my fish tank so i could do a much needed water change for them well i guess a small bass can take much larger prey items than i originally thought cause my 8 inch bass decided to take a 4 inch large heavy shiner! up to this opint i was feeding him large common feeder goldfish and he would eat about 3 a day and those i thought were almost too big for him so i was shocked to see this! im going to buy a few feeder mice tomorrow at petco and see if i can get a topwater video to post Smile once i saw him start chasing it i turned on the camera and started recording. hope you get as much enjoyment out of this video as i did filming it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVeWrK7z24&list=UUh3f-RAsUEvYj06v17Mmgxg&index=1

Last edited by bassinbrooksy on Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm

i just noticed the video looks kinda jumpy it may be the slow connection here at work but if it is actually the video than sorry i filmed it on my phone so bear with it

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 2:29 pm

That was kinda cool.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 3:21 pm

It was crazy to see in person cause the shiner was so big that's when swallowed its head was pressing against Larry's butthole forcing turds out every time it kicked to try n eacape lol. It looked like my fish was 8 months pregnant cause his belly would squirm when the shiner was doing head shakes lol. Crazy!

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 3:32 pm

bassinbrooksy

so i was changing out the water in my bait coller downstairs and i only had 4 pike bait shiners left so i put them in my fish tank so i could do a much needed water change for them well i guess a small bass can take much larger prey items than i originally thought cause my 8 inch bass decided to take a 4 inch large heavy shiner! up to this opint i was feeding him large common feeder goldfish and he would eat about 3 a day and those i thought were almost too big for him so i was shocked to see this! im going to buy a few feeder mice tomorrow at petco and see if i can get a topwater video to post Smile once i saw him start chasing it i turned on the camera and started recording. hope you get as much enjoyment out of this video as i did filming it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVeWrK7z24&list=UUh3f-RAsUEvYj06v17Mmgxg&index=1

I'd be careful posting that here or anywhere on the internet. Bass got to be 12" to keep.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 3:57 pm

tunameltdown

bassinbrooksy

I'd be careful posting that here or anywhere on the internet. Bass got to be 12" to keep.

Pm sent

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Haha thats sweet. He's already stuffin down some big meals wait till he's bigger and watch the stuff he'll chomp down!

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm

sweet i think thats wicked cool

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Amazing what they can eat.
That's crazy!

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 5:10 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Haha thats sweet. He's already stuffin down some big meals wait till he's bigger and watch the stuff he'll chomp down!

Hell yeah I can't wait to see him take a mouse or a frog lol. I'm gonna have to invest in a new tank next tax season

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 pm

bassinbrooksy

lunkerhunter2366

Hell yeah I can't wait to see him take a mouse or a frog lol. I'm gonna have to invest in a new tank next tax season

Yeah its incredible watching a nice sized bass demolish a artificial frog.
Watching it chase down the real thing with a perfect view now that's just beast and frogs,mouse,craw,big insects, etc are great meals.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 pm

lunkerhunter2366

bassinbrooksy

lunkerhunter2366

Yeah its incredible watching a nice sized bass demolish a artificial frog.
Watching it chase down the real thing with a perfect view now that's just beast and frogs,mouse,craw,big insects, etc are great meals.

i actually have 4 craws in the tank with them as a waste cleanup crew lol and other than a couple times when they seemed to piss him off ive never seen him go after them, even the little one that can very easily fit in his mouth seems to be off the menu

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 6:03 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Kinda like scoobystas' profile pic Very Happy

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 6:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links