Lately, I've been fishing gulp earthworms on an ultralight slip bobber rig, and I've been having a blast catching bullheads and panfish.

At some point, I'm sure I'll go back to throwing senkos and jigs for bass, but for now I'm having a lot of fun.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 2:58 pm

One of the things that happens on this site is that we often get too focused on tournaments, trophy fish or one type of fishing. But for many of us fishing is just a way to enjoy nature and the outdoors, and the catching is the icing on the cake. So congrats on telling like it is and don't be afraid to post trips and photos.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Can't agree more John. Most guys are totally obsessed with catching that lunker and are oblivious to the things that are going on around them! It is spring, there is a lot going on if you look around! Enjoy the show that nature provides Exclamation And nothing wrong with chasing those panfish around. Laughing

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Twice this week at 8AM I was standing out in a pond with water up to my crotch, fly casting and just enjoying the early morning show the trout were putting on. Catching one was a bonus. It's all about being here and now, in the moment.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Amen brother, just being on the water with nature is the real deal.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 6:34 pm

The LMB is more of a crappie, than a bass, so you're still in the family. Fish-on!

Posted Sat May 04, 2013 1:16 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links