so i havent had the chance to go register my damn boat yet due to monetary restrictions ( anyone with a mortgage and kids can understand why lol) i really wanna take my friggin boat out but wont have money to register it til my next check which is 2 weeks from now (bi weekly) so my question is how fucked would i be if i got questioned about it out on the water? its a 12 ft tracker john boat with no outboard just a trolling motor, ive been told that if it only has an electric motor that it dosent have to be registerd but ive also been told thats horse s*** and if it has any type of motor on it its gotta be registered. so seeing as how im broke for a couple weeks should i just take a couple oars and paddle my ass around the lake for now to be safe til i can go register ?

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 pm

The way the wind has been blowing lately you'll be screwed. If it has a motor it has to be registered. It's probably a fine if you get asked. I've never been asked except for once at a tourney

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 pm

I suggest small ponds if you do, I did a few times last season before I knew I had to register a canoe with a motor

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:26 pm

ok guys thanks for the input, looks like im waiting another 2 weeks Sad atleast im goin back to wachusett this weekend so i wont be at a disadvantage not having a boat lol but next weekend ill be really bummed ive been dying to go to a favorite spot of mine that has absolutely no shore access Sad

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:11 pm

bassinbrooksy

ok guys thanks for the input, looks like im waiting another 2 weeks Sad atleast im goin back to wachusett this weekend so i wont be at a disadvantage not having a boat lol but next weekend ill be really bummed ive been dying to go to a favorite spot of mine that has absolutely no shore access Sad

Give me a shout and let's see if the weather is good emough to go out.. you can try out one of my pirouges..I am sure you will love it as would I to go to a new spot.

PJ

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:49 am

Work it, Rick!

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:54 am

I have a small topper that I never registered. I only take it out on really small bodies of water that I know where I am the only boat out there. If you have any puddles that you fish I would say take it for a spin. Its a lot funnier than staring at the boat in your yard.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:29 am

It also isn't right Exclamation

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:55 am

But it's his risk.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 am

bloomagoo

Work it, Rick!

LOL...John, never hurts to find new spots...hey went to A-1 Stump a few days ago and caught 4 Bass 2.0-2.5 lbs and 3 huge Pickerel..

Yep.. all on the secret luer.

The pirouge would be a good experience .....he might just like it...

PJ

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:09 am

Last year I fished my 16' Tracker from Jan. to June not noticing that my registration ran out. I re-registered but it shocked me. Got lucky that no authorities were around.
I have a question . . . My "big" boat is registered, do I need to register, separately, my cartopper? I only use electric motors on the cartopper.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:54 am

Yes Sir.....Any boat with any motor

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 pm

If it has a motor it has to be registered, good luck, borrow the coin!

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links