Anyone fish Chauncey yet? Are the bass biting yet? I went there at ice out in March caught a nice pick but may hit it in my friends boat this wknd was wondering if any action.Trying to decide where to go. I know where to go for trout but I'm kinda in the mood for bass.Maybe Farm Pond Framingham also a possibility.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 am

We did ok at Chauncey 2 weekends ago on a very windy Sunday afternoon. The key to the day was to fish big suspending jerkbaits with long pauses between jerks. The fish all came on the pause. The week before we fished Farm and could only scratch out a few pickerel and some crappie. Both places should be fishing better now. I think we are hitting Wachusett again but this time looking for smallmouth.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am

I took next wk off with the sole purpose of fishing the Chu every day I'm still looking for my first fish from her.I had a smallie all the way within 1ft of me fell off the hook.Had what I think was a Laker peel off all my line and pull my pole almost into the lake before it spit the bait.I am determined to break this curse! Laughing

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 am

What are your best lure bets for chu smallies?

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am

live Yellow Perch!!

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 am

I usually fish with 2 rods. One set up with a shiner on the bottom and I cast a lure with the other. For the smallies I throw suspending jerkbaits and have done well with them. The lakers will hit the jerkbaits too.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

I too am determined to catch my first Chu fish this year. I went on opening day from about 2-6pm, fished by the bait shop (in front of old stone church, than on other side, under the high power wires). No bites. Then around 4pm made it to gate 36 and fished off the rocks with my buddy but no bites. We had large shiners and were throwing spoons and kastmasters. Hopefully we'll get back out this weekend. As an aside, I learned that the rangers don't like looking at PDF iPhone versions of fishing licenses, lol.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am

Ive always done good jigging ronZ's on lakers nd smallies

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

jcotier

Ive always done good jigging ronZ's on lakers nd smallies

Thanks for the tip. Do you know any gates that are best for smallies? Seems every gate we've gone to thus far has only produced trout. Nice avatar pic by the way, pig bass on slammer.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Yea your a salt guy you know those baits well. The smallers ones in black and the metalic green type are great. I spent a lot of time throwing fullsize ones on a ditch set up and never amounted too much. PM me i Tell ya a few spots

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links