Can someone give me the exact address to google for this launch? Heading there tomorrow with my roommate, he picked it, it's half way between us two. Any tips for this body of water? Thanks a bunch

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 am

Access to the pond is off of west main street.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:30 am

I know there is a real boat launch here 42.197663,-71.553963 on Hayward St, but i've never used it, don't know if you need a permit. I'm sure there are signs explaining the usage once you get there.

There is a "launch" on west main here: 42.20571,-71.558904, but you will not be able to back a trailered boat into it, it's all boulders at the shore. Depending on how big your boat is and the water level, you may not be able to launch at all from there.

Here's a bathymetry map
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pdf/dfwnrtho.pdf

I've really only fished from shore (and never temps this low), but have always had pretty good luck, especially off the west main launch. That whole area is pretty shallow though, and if the fish are deeper you'll have to head much further south down the lake. There are also a lot of submerged rocks in the north section as well.

edit: Be aware/prepared, there are some big Northern Pike in here too.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am

zack137z

Can someone give me the exact address to google for this launch? Heading there tomorrow with my roommate, he picked it, it's half way between us two. Any tips for this body of water? Thanks a bunch

The ramp on Hayward is for town residents, but we did a tourney there last year and EPO showed up and didnt give anyone problems about parking or usage.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

I was there a while ago and someone said once the beach is open there gunna be ticketing unlike in years past.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:23 am

jcotier

I was there a while ago and someone said once the beach is open there gunna be ticketing unlike in years past.

True, we were also there late in the season so I dont think beach goers was a concern. If you are not trailering your boat there is street parking close by.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 am

biggz53

zack137z

The ramp on Hayward is for town residents, but we did a tourney there last year and EPO showed up and didnt give anyone problems about parking or usage.

Have your stuff in order just in case there is an EPO there when you go, otherwise he/she will not let you launch period. He checked us all for licenses, boat registrations and pfd's.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links