I fished 11 to 3
Wind WSW@ 8 mph
Water 46
All Lm were caught in 5 to 9 feet of water, 3 sec pause between jerks.
I had 11 Lm in first 30 mins then sun came out and killed the bite for a while.I also had 5 big slim darts...
It was a great 4 hours

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Congrats, my day was the complete opposite. Glad somebody found some fish. I was at Ponkapoag beating the water with jerk baits and crank baits.

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

I've seen reports on othr sites that some guys had a real good day today. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them Exclamation Laughing A few sunny days with some mild temps. will certainly jump start things. It can only get better. Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:39 pm

The new boat curse continues for me. About 3 hours of fighting 20 mph winds this afternoon

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:43 pm

i'll put a trip up soon but i had a good day too. caught a slob 5 lb. 6 oz., a 4 lb. 1 oz, and a half dozen around 3.5 pounds. all on the bottom on a creature bait. slowwwwwwww dragging it.

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Tough day for me as well. Get 'em next time though!

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Count me in for a slooowww day. Gonna hit one of my favorite spots in Hudson Sunday if weather cooperates. This back and forth wit the weather isn't good for me or the fish. Crying or Very sad

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:55 pm

One thing that I find surprising for this time of the year, is that the baitfish haven't moved in shallow yet. I haven't seen any panfish cruising the shallows Exclamation These water temps. are still in the low 40's and not budging.

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:11 am

Having a lot of luck with slow spinner-baits bounced off the top of cover, and surprisingly a few styles of Mepps.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 pm

about a week and a half ago, i stopped by mirror lake in wrentham to try out my new baitcasting setup (bps qualifier and 7mh rod) and saw a massive school of perch swimming in about 6in of water...this section of the pond was very shallow so i'm sure the water temps were in the upper 40s low 50s...had a few warm days just before that.

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm

rangerz117

I fished 11 to 3
Wind WSW@ 8 mph
Water 46
All Lm were caught in 5 to 9 feet of water, 3 sec pause between jerks.
I had 11 Lm in first 30 mins then sun came out and killed the bite for a while.I also had 5 big slim darts...
It was a great 4 hours

are these floating jerkbaits or suspending?

Posted Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links