Went out fishing today for 2 1/2 hrs and caught 8 Bass!!!! 1st cast I pulled a 2.96 lb Bass second cast I got a 3.78 lb bass and then I thought I kept hearing geese fly away in the water but it was Bass Comming up to the top attacking baitfish and bugs , so I threw my frog on and caught 5 Bass on top water !! (My favorite!) those 5 were barely keepers but it felt good to kill it like that again!!

Hope it's starting to pick up now!!

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Nice catch! Is that white fireline?

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Looks like it. I've put it on two of my reels (20lb) to test it out. So far not bad at all. It doesn't have the memory issue of flouro and it's pretty easy to work with when getting the occasional birds nest. And my 20lb Fireline is about the same as 12lb Trilene. It is also very sensitive.

Having said that, it has a texture and is somewhat noisy coming through the guides. My favorite line to date by far is the Power Pro Super 8 Slick. I lays down beautifully on the reel, is quiet, casts easy, and has no memory. Yes it's expensive but the benefits outweigh the costs.

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks, actually while it does look like it it's actually 20 lb. Power Pro Braided moss green.
It must have been the sun beaming?

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

A good sign for you Exclamation I would love an 8 bass day right now. That must have been a pretty shallow pond with somewhat warmer water to have that much activity Exclamation

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 pm

don51

A good sign for you Exclamation I would love an 8 bass day right now. That must have been a pretty shallow pond with somewhat warmer water to have that much activity Exclamation

Yeah the big guys I got in deep water ( bout 9 ft ) but all the top water ones were all bunched up in this little cove wit about 2-4 feet of water but they were going crazy! it was a bit intense.

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links