You know, I had a simple plan this season. Just get back out fishing and see what happens.

I had planned to hammer the Merrimack (nothing fights like a pissed river smallie) and add Flint Pond in Tyngsboro (I scored big there on a trip last May before I started the crazy busy new job). Two spots, tons of attention.

After trolling here on the site and interacting with folks, I am overwhelmed with ideas. I have about 8 spots written in notes beside me to try. Other types of fish than bass are on my mind. It's crazy. Thanks to you all for getting me bitten by the fishing bug again and now I don't know what to do Very Happy

Posted Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Ummm.......Go Fishin'

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 am

grayrider16

You know, I had a simple plan this season. Just get back out fishing and see what happens.

I had planned to hammer the Merrimack (nothing fights like a pissed river smallie) and add Flint Pond in Tyngsboro (I scored big there on a trip last May before I started the crazy busy new job). Two spots, tons of attention.

After trolling here on the site and interacting with folks, I am overwhelmed with ideas. I have about 8 spots written in notes beside me to try. Other types of fish than bass are on my mind. It's crazy. Thanks to you all for getting me bitten by the fishing bug again and now I don't know what to do Very Happy

Back in the day (the 80's) Flint was considered the next "lunker" pond, esp. in the Merrimac Valley. What did you get there that stood out &, you're right, there is nothing like a river smallie on the Merrimac.

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Any good tips on smallmouth locations in the Merrimack. Not asking for anyones top secret spots just a ball park area.

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

wacoachk,

At Flint last May I hit some big fish including a largemouth over 5lb's and saw some movement in some lily pad beds to make me think much bigger ones in there. Also 4 one pounder black crappies. I liked the trip.
EDIT: Not 4 ponder crappies but FOUR 1lb crappies, sorry

Popeye,
you fishing from a boat or from shore? Tons of spots on Merrimack, would have to narrow it down.

Last edited by grayrider16 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm

grayrider16

wacoachk,

At Flint last May I hit some big fish including a largemouth over 5lb's and saw some movement in some lily pad beds to make me think much bigger ones in there. Also 4 pounder black crappies. I liked the trip.

Popeye,
you fishing from a boat or from shore? Tons of spots on Merrimack, would have to narrow it down.

From my Kayak-- Haverhill Area

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:33 pm

I can tell you my favorite places, I like to share. Will PM you some places good from a yak.

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links