So last night after a long day at work, and maybe to celebrate a little too after getting offered a perm. position from a temp. position, I had a little bit of wine...

Nothing too crazy, but I think I may have stepped over the line. I bought a Revo SX (http://abugarcia.com/products/reels/low-profile-baitcast-reels/revo/revo-sx) from BPS.

With regret, confusion and fear, I contemplated cancelling it today, but I couldn't swallow the pill. I decided the best thing to do in this case is, with open arms, accept my new child and maybe get him a sibling.

So MAFF, which ROD do you like with your REVO? What can you recommend? Razz

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 am

Drunk shopping can be a curse and a blessing.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 am

Just bought the same reel during the BPS trade in a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used it yet but it feels great.

I paired it with the Abu Vendetta 7' 6" Heavy. Plan to use it for frogging this summer.

If you do decide to pair it with an Abu Rod you can get a $25 dollar rebate. If you don't get the Rod you can still get a Sweatshirt if you're interested:

http://www.abugarcia.com/products/promotions

It's too late to feel bad about the purchase, time to start enjoying it Smile

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am

True!

Bass Pro actually has another promotion going (already an owner of their sweatshirt Smile) With this reel you get a free Abu jersey... pretty snazzy if id say!

http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/free-offers/2013AbuGarcia12995ReelJersey.pdf

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:43 am

jjbagoose

Just bought the same reel during the BPS trade in a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used it yet but it feels great.

I paired it with the Abu Vendetta 7' 6" Heavy. Plan to use it for frogging this summer.

If you do decide to pair it with an Abu Rod you can get a $25 dollar rebate. If you don't get the Rod you can still get a Sweatshirt if you're interested:

http://www.abugarcia.com/products/promotions

It's too late to feel bad about the purchase, time to start enjoying it Smile

What does BPS do with the traded in reels? Can you purchase used/refurbished reels from them?

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 am

bcodkind

What does BPS do with the traded in reels? Can you purchase used/refurbished reels from them?

I believe they are refurbished and donated to local charities.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 am

It depends on what style of fishing you plan on doing with that reel. I have my Revo sx with and Irod 7'5" for froging/topwater. My other revo sx with Quantum 7 medium Cranking rod.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm

jjbagoose

Checking out the Vendetta, that is a pretty impressive looking rod. I think I may have to get a hold of one Exclamation

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 pm

After reading your post I put together a mental list of all the things that have happened to me after a night of drinking.... Buying high end fishing gear is nowhere to be found on that list....

Killer reel, enjoy it!

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 pm

I love my Revo SX. I have it paired with a Berkley Cobalt 6'6 medium rod. The reel casts a mile and has a very smooth retrieve. A pleasure to fish with and I would buy another in a heartbeat if I needed another reel, which I don't Smile

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:01 am

Have a Gen 3 Revo SX on a Denali Rosewood 7' MH Jig Rod, and it feels fantastic. I can feel the lightest bite on this set-up. But Ive also used the Abu Veritas Micro Guide rods. They are light, and sensitive, and tough to beat for a $100.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 am

So I purchased a 7' Abu Vendetta MH -- going to be an all-purpose rod with a specialty in top-water. I am really excited for my new setup!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 pm

I have one of those too. I haven't yet paired it with my Revo SX but it's a nice rod and one of my favorites. It's a little stiff for normal crankbaits but it will be good for froggin' or spinnerbaits or soft plastics and it would be good for heavier crankbaits. Excellent combo plus you get the red on red match between rod and reel Smile

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

dapar321

So I purchased a 7' Abu Vendetta MH -- going to be an all-purpose rod with a specialty in top-water. I am really excited for my new setup!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Nice congrats! You weren't drinking again were you? Razz

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm

bloomagoo

Excellent combo plus you get the red on red match between rod and reel Smile

I'm going to throw some Red Power Pro on mine too

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links