A Massachusetts 10 pound largemouth? A Mass 6 pound smallie? Or Pliny the Elder beers?:

All elusive creatures.....

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 pm

i say those beers for sure lol! im a firm believer in the fact that if one truly wants a 10lb masshole larry that you gotta find the right waters, your thinking damn brooksy tell me something i dont know... well what i mean by the right waters is to find an area that is off the maps, someplace where "men fear to tread" lol some secluded spot that is totally underfished, everyone tends to flock to hi profile areas lookig for trophy bass and some get lucky but i would think that finding a secluded area under the radar that has propper baitfish habitats and the elusive 10 lber cant be too far behind. i like to "trail blaze" for bass spots, sure i love fishing famous spots and popular areas but i also like to explore and just stare at google earth and look for bodies of water in the middle of nowhere that arent easily accessable and ill throw on the hiking boots and make a day trip with my gps to find these spots. i have yet to find one that can house a 10lber but im optimistic that it will happen some day. id love to find a pond in the middle of the woods full of bass that have never even seen a lure before! thats the dream anyways

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm

My numero uno spot for monster fish was the Tyngsboro quarry many years ago. It was like a mine pit that filled with water, very milky right after the work was done. The bass had an opal color. I caught about 10 largemouth over 6 pounds there over a few years. Then they built houses all around it and I have no idea whats still there. This was like 21 years ago (Yeah, I am old lol).

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

I know of a pond in the middle of know where. I'm dying to fish it!
I'm going to hike in soon! Have to wear camo cuz it might be private property. I haven't seen no trespassing signs yet!

I know another secret of mine. It looks like a place you see does south.
Standing timber everywhere. Millions of tree stumps!

It's the only place where I've seen a bass blitz and birds working in freshwater!

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am

bassinbrooksy

i say those beers for sure lol! im a firm believer in the fact that if one truly wants a 10lb masshole larry that you gotta find the right waters, your thinking damn brooksy tell me something i dont know... well what i mean by the right waters is to find an area that is off the maps, someplace where "men fear to tread" lol some secluded spot that is totally underfished, everyone tends to flock to hi profile areas lookig for trophy bass and some get lucky but i would think that finding a secluded area under the radar that has propper baitfish habitats and the elusive 10 lber cant be too far behind. i like to "trail blaze" for bass spots, sure i love fishing famous spots and popular areas but i also like to explore and just stare at google earth and look for bodies of water in the middle of nowhere that arent easily accessable and ill throw on the hiking boots and make a day trip with my gps to find these spots. i have yet to find one that can house a 10lber but im optimistic that it will happen some day. id love to find a pond in the middle of the woods full of bass that have never even seen a lure before! thats the dream anyways

They do exist, though to a lesser degree.

I always had the dream then stumbled upon 2 ponds last year. for carp that are all but untouched by anglers. 1 of them is private property which pretty much puts me the only carp angler on it, the other gets a bit of mild bass pressure but it is limited with very little shore access to most of the lake.

As for the big bass..they are out there as well, as we all know and I think a lot of it will come down to luck to be fair. Sure knowledge helps but even on the best approaches you need to have your lucky shorts on some days. Hard to find the lesser known spots but when you do it is awesome. One of my favorite bass lakes doesn't get a whole lot of pressure, isn't very advertised or known access..and having no actual ramp for motor boats helps. Very decent sized lake as well..and it is beautiful.

One of the guys who lives on it told me he bagged a 10+ pound LGM out of it and i had a few 2-3 pounders and was like..sure sure. The lake has very big sunfish and calico though and some good perch. Hit it on and off for a few months and had a few nice fish..till September rolled round and i fished some of the deeper sunfish beds. Rainy day brought me 1 fish..but it was roughly 8lbs. Having seen it and a few 5+ coming in now and with what the local told me, I deffo think it holds a couple in the 10 to maybe even 15 pound range..just a gut feeling you know.

Time in though, that is it..I mean if they were a dime a dozen it would be no fun to chase them.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:17 am

I have to think some of these ponds lakes or res that boats aren't even allowed on may hold a trophy thats why we fish em.A lake I just started fishing my friend swears he had like a 9lber bent his hook and got off right next to shore we are both convinced a 10 is in there.It gets fair fishing pressure but all around the same areas and the place is huge.I think there is many fish in there that have never seen a lure.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links