Hey all,

Coming home up Rt. 3 North, right at the Lowell Connector I always see cars pulled off the highway. It seems folks are fishing that flooded (is it a pond?) area adjacent to the Concord river. Anyone know anything about this?

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:32 pm

no, but you are right there are always cars in there. it is small water too.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm

It seems mostly like a flood plain. Not sure it could support anything of size, but who knows.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 pm

I always see cars parked there too. The convenience/bait store at Vinal Sq. in N. Chelmsford has a picture of a guy with a nice largemouth taken from there. Must be a nice bass pond with little to no fishing pressure because of the difficult access. From the highway it looks like skinny water to even have fish in it but I've always wanted to take a crack at it anyways. Thought it was illegal to park off a state highway in MA because that seems to be the best access to the water.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Seems this little place looks like an actual pond, not just flooded area:

Interesting. Confused

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I drive up there fairly frequently if I'm heading to lowell from work and just noticed that pond a few weeks ago. I was wondering if it was fishable.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:20 pm

I have been curious by it in the past, but looks like a swamp. Pretty sure you can't park on the highway, there may be access on canal st off Riverneck.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 pm

If that's the pond on the right side of rt 3 northbound just N of rt 129 That's Chelmsford. I know guys that hunt it during duck season but I never wet a line there.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links