Hello i'm looking to buy a new fish finder I have $500 to spend need help

Thanks Rolling Eyes

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Get a humminbird. U get alot more bang for ur buck. Ur can get a nice Down imaging, switchfire, gps combo for 500

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:47 pm

humming bird which model do you have

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm

i have a 778c HD. great unit but i'm currently having problems with it not displaying water temperature. you can find it for a lot cheaper than retail. no DI, SI, or integrated GPS though.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:10 pm

if 500 is your budget and not the amount you wish to spend then go something along the lines of hummingbird 571 hd di. its got hd down imaging as well as traditional 2d sonar and splitfire so you can have down imaging and 2d on screen at same time. i here people rave about lowrance but the only issue i have with them is that they dont have the "bang for your buck" choices that hummingbird has, the 571 model i mentioned is about 250 where as a lowrance model in that price range will have either down scan imaging OR traditional 2d sonar but not both, if you want both then the price range goes drasticly up. but as stated before if 500 is what you can comfortably spend then look into a lowrance, if 500 is your top dollar but youd rather spend less then go hummingbird

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello all-

I am looking for a sonar unit that excels in shallow water. I don't expect to see fish but would like reliable bottom contour and hardness. All the units I've had do especially poorly with weeds. Suggestions appreciated.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:30 pm

I heard the garmin echo was good i have the lowrance 135 I dont really care for it

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links