Is it against the rules of fishing to say "i don't really like bass fishing". Im more of a trout and panfish kind of guy. So other than bass what do you guys like to fish for?

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Theres nothing wrong with not liking bass fishing. I've heard of guys who are fishing for other species and when they catch bass they don't give a crap. Almost a nuisance to them

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm

yet you display a bass in your profile pic.....

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Perch through the ice. Any panfish through th ice.

Trout some times. Mainly bass in the warmer months.

Saltwater. I love catching cod fish. Any bottom fish. Stripers and bluefish.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:40 pm

I love catching big pickerel, they fight as well as any bass of equal weight. Only the small ones are an annoyance. I also love stripers and blues, pike, trout, and even panfish on the fly rod. Last year at Fairhaven Bay I hooked into a catfish using a square lip crankbait that surprised the heck out of me how much fight it put up.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

i dont have many pictures of fish ive caught due to the loss of my camera, but i will have loads more pics when the ice over here clears out.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 pm

i like swamp monsters ie: bass,pickerel,pike,perch... i like to fish slop holes that most people wouldnt give a second look, if you go someplace and have no choice but to fish only weedless lures thats my kind of spot Smile

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:11 pm

nik_zarvis

johnnybag-a-bass

i dont have many pictures of fish ive caught due to the loss of my camera, but i will have loads more pics when the ice over here clears out.

lol i'm just playin!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:27 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Theres nothing wrong with not liking bass fishing. I've heard of guys who are fishing for other species and when they catch bass they don't give a crap. Almost a nuisance to them

Lol that was me when i would fish lake erie for walleye..... nothing was more annoying then catching bass or sheephead... now i moved here and find myself wanting to catch them and half the time i cant find them lol

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:37 pm

I fish the seasons.I used to be mainly a trout fisherman and was disappointed when the season ended.Now I find myself fishing for bass and trout at the same time and hoping for warmer weather when the bass really get active.My new love is smallies only wish there were more places to fish for them close to where I live.Was lucky enough to discover them right in my backyard last yr and now I'm hooked pun intended! Very Happy

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:15 pm

If you use lure for fresh water fish in MA, smallmouth and largemouth are the primary choose. No other is more fun than bass fishing. If you master bass fishing, you are very like pick up any lures for any other type of fishing. Bass fishing includes all the lure categories, either smaller or bigger for other fish.

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Doesn't matter to me I enjoy them all from Deep Sea fishing excursions to bobber fishing for pan fish. Very Happy

Being out and fishing for anything to me is a good time. Sometimes the change up can be very relaxing.

My favorite however is targeting the smallmouth.

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 am

Yeah I am the same. I love being out there..sure I love my carp fishing but i enjoy fly fishing and float fishing..species are not as important as the people and times spent really.

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:01 am

Love to get into good sized crappies. Carp are wild to catch. When I used to fish the Shawsheen out in Ballardville the perch in there can eat small bass, that was always fun.

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links