If you proceed South on I-290 you will see an exit # 2 for Webster...taking this exit at the bottom of the ramp you make a left and under 290 on Gore Road...just as soon as you clear the underpass there is a hard right on a side road that leads down to a small entry area and launch area for Kayacks/Pirouges..(boats w/o motors.
So I put in and the water was pretty shallow and cold.. so I tossed some plastics and crank baits to no avail as the fish have not moved into the shallower water yet..still practicing the cast...paddling around the left side back toward 290 and Gore Road the ice was still present..it was not thick but when paddling to have the boat ride atop of it I used the paddles to break ice for ~ 60 feet to the next open spot..as of this post my upper body is screaming with paddle soreness..lol

No hit's..but it was good to float the pirouge today.

Last edited by pirougejoe on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 pm

i love webster lake i fish tht place almost everyday. im takin the bass boat out for the first time this year this weekend. was there any ice on the lake still?

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 pm

kamilfishes

i love webster lake i fish tht place almost everyday. im takin the bass boat out for the first time this year this weekend. was there any ice on the lake still?

Over by Treasure Island..yes...(Thats off of Exit #1)
With all this rain I am sure it will give way soon..

My pirouge is only 11' and draws 3" of water so I did not venture to far out in the lake.. just some small coves as mentioned. You can see the ice still (today) from T.I. as mentioned if it i slike it was in the shallows and coves then it is breakable by paddle power.

Good luck.

PJ

Last edited by pirougejoe on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm

If webster is that close I wonder if singletary is on the brink as well. Anyone live close to any other central MA lakes that are getting close to ice out?

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:07 pm

mikee7117

If webster is that close I wonder if singletary is on the brink as well. Anyone live close to any other central MA lakes that are getting close to ice out?

i live near webster but i go to singletary and buffumville and the other bigger lakes and most of them are mostly open they should good by the end of this week

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links