so today i woke up early.well 4 in the morning early and was looking into buying a new setup. i came across a st.croix triumph 2 piece rod and a shimano sahara fe reel. i wanted to know if this would sound like a good setup for a bargain angler. the rod is a fast light rod and the reel i believe is 6.1:1. i cant post any question marks or any capital letters due to my coffee being spilt onto my keyboard so excuse the terrible spelling. but im looking for some help. Question

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 am

Two good products. Light action rod or light as in weight? Light action will kind of limit the type of fishing you can do. Get a medium action if you can, will give you more bait options.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

don51

Two good products. Light action rod or light as in weight? Light action will kind of limit the type of fishing you can do. Get a medium action if you can, will give you more bait options.

X2

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 pm

sounds good ill try out the medium. im trying to target alot of different species this year.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm not sure where you live but I've got a 6'6" Med Light 1 pc Triumph spinning rod like new condition I'd sell you for $35. I'm just north of Boston. Might be a little light for what you're looking for, rated 4-10lb test.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

thanks for the offer but i live in pittsfield.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I've heard good things about the Wright Mcgill Victory reels. Started at around $100 but u can find them for around $50 on Ebay.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 am

I just bought a Victory baitcaster on ebay. The thing is sweet.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 am

Infinite anti reverse, really tight but heard the bodies break if your rough with them.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 am

If you can find the old model penn ss reel cheap they are nice reels but parts will be hard to find.

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 am

Guppy, I'd be interested in that rod if you still have/not step on anyone's toes. I am also north of Boston. I'll send you a PM.
NautiBuoys

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 am

Guppy,
Perfect transaction and glad to meet you. All very pleased and I know my nephew will be thrilled. Thanks again,

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 am

Nice to meet you as well Nautibuoys! Tight lines!

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

details
www.denalirods.com

I can still offer 20% off Denali Rods to anyone that is interested. Please Message me for details.

This offer for 20% off is only good to Massachusetts Residents as part of my sponsorship agreement

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links