I know there are a couple of guys on here that fish Little Sandy in Pembroke. Access has been cut off to the parking area at the beach. Apparently the Conservation Commission did this to keep the kids out of there at night. The pond is still open to fishing but you will have to park on the Rt. 27 side Exclamation

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm going on a trip tomorrow and considering going to this pond. I've never been so i'm wondering how hard is it to get a canoe in there. Would you recommend it?

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:42 pm

I'm going on a trip tomorrow and considering going to this pond. I've never been so i'm wondering how hard is it to get a canoe in there. Would you recommend it?

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

You will have to park on Rt. 27, you will see a gate leading into the cranberry bogs. Park right in front of it, no problem. If there are 2 of you you will be able to get the canoe in easily. Fun pond to fish, loaded with bass, only problem is they appear to be stunted. Very healthy, but do not seem to get bigger than 2lbs Exclamation Very shallow when you first launch, drops to 20 ft. off to the right. If they are biting it will be a good time! Give it hell Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

I just moved out of Pembroke after 7 1/2 years there. This is the one pond in area I never fished. Did not realize it got that deep there. Def. worth a visit. Let us know how you do if you get out there.

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I live in Marshfield and I just started fishing again and I don't own a boat. I parked at a seafood restaurant next to Furnace pond and caught nothing.
I don't know where to park to get at that group of ponds off route 14 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 am

For Furnace Pond I park on the pond side of Rt. 14. For Oldham turn down Wampatuck St. and park in the beach parking lot. Big Sandy, the pond south of Furnace is closed to fishing. I assume this is the group of ponds you are talking about?

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 am

don51

For Furnace Pond I park on the pond side of Rt. 14. For Oldham turn down Wampatuck St. and park in the beach parking lot. Big Sandy, the pond south of Furnace is closed to fishing. I assume this is the group of ponds you are talking about?

Ya it is thank you so much I will try today after work.

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:16 am

This seems to be the answer to all pond problems , close it up. This is getting to be more of a problem every year. Just a thought if you see some A Holes trash pick it up it my save a launch for us that do follow the rules. Go Fish

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm

How many times can you pick up after someone Question I have picked up trash at Indian Head in Hanson more times than I can count. The town has taken over the property and it is their turn to start doing some clean up. I am totally sick of cleaning up after these shitheads Exclamation

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 pm

don51

How many times can you pick up after someone Question I have picked up trash at Indian Head in Hanson more times than I can count. The town has taken over the property and it is their turn to start doing some clean up. I am totally sick of cleaning up after these shitheads Exclamation

That's how I feel about Fosters. I cleaned up some ciggarettes by sticking them in the empty packs once and didn't take them out of my car right away. The next day my car reeked. I'll clean up the broken line and dunks cups but not the beer bottles and smokes. I just can't put it in my car. Some people suck

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Some guy(s) have been boinking there girlfriend(s) at the boat launch area on a steady basis Exclamation There are used condoms all over the place Exclamation I'll pick up the cig butts anytime Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 pm

So when I go tonight I should bring a rake and shovel LOL

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:08 am

tonym555

So when I go tonight I should bring a rake and shovel LOL

I sent an email to the town asking if the DPW could stop in there occasionally to pick up trash. Since all the land was donated to the town I think they should at least be able to do that Exclamation Of course I didn't get a response Exclamation

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:45 am

Of course u didn't why would they respond to their residents. That's just a big inconvenience to them.
Oh by the way don51 thanks for the directions to oldham pond I pulled a couple 2lb'ers yesterday evening by the boat launch

Posted Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links