Is the bite usually better in the morning and evening this time of year, like in the warmer months, or do you guys find the warmest part of the day best? I would think that if the afternoon temps jump 10+ degrees from the morning, the bass would be more active during that period. But i'm not sure, most videos i've watched on ice fishing, they still do best in the morning and evening.

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:40 pm

bassaddict21

Is the bite usually better in the morning and evening this time of year, like in the warmer months, or do you guys find the warmest part of the day best? I would think that if the afternoon temps jump 10+ degrees from the morning, the bass would be more active during that period. But i'm not sure, most videos i've watched on ice fishing, they still do best in the morning and evening.

Focus on the northwest side of the pond if you have access to it even with the slightest bit of sun that is going to be the first place to warm up because of the suns winter track in the southern sky you would be surprised I saw some bass crusing in 3 feet of water around shallow brush last week in 38 degree water went out today and caught 20 bass fishing some shallow bog ponds all fish were caught casting across the pond landing the bait on shore and dragging it off they all bit within 5 feet of the bank

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Nice neil! draggin a jig?

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 am

bassaddict21

Nice neil! draggin a jig?

Nope we caught em all on a EWG 3/16 ball head with a 4 inch zoom single tail grub

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 am

Good job Neil. I have to stop being so stubborn. Been beating the north side of Wequaquet, shallow & deep, but have only 1 bass to record. Actually, the lake looks pretty dirty, not clear, like it usually is, this time of year. Something's not right . . . In any case, I need to do what you've done. Concentrate on smaller bodies of water. I believe that's where you've had success. That's my interpretation. I may be wrong, which is not unusual.

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:41 am

wacoachk

Good job Neil. I have to stop being so stubborn. Been beating the north side of Wequaquet, shallow & deep, but have only 1 bass to record. Actually, the lake looks pretty dirty, not clear, like it usually is, this time of year. Something's not right . . . In any case, I need to do what you've done. Concentrate on smaller bodies of water. I believe that's where you've had success. That's my interpretation. I may be wrong, which is not unusual.

Correct really small some of the places I fished yesterday seemed like big puddles maybe 1/2 acrea or 1 acrea tops

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 am

Great job, Neil. How did you decide to cast onto shore and drag it back into the water? I might have tried that with a frog but not this time of year and not with a sinking bait.

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links