Wow

I'm new to the site and have been looking around at some of the bass pics posted and am really impressed. I'm primarily a salt guy these days but see I could learn a lot about fresh water bassin from this site and it's members .

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 am

Looks like your a yak fisherman Exclamation Nice setup Exclamation Welcome Exclamation

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am

yup, Thanks, do you yak fish?

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 am

bti111

yup, Thanks, do you yak fish?

Freshwater only, south shore ponds. 9.5 sit in yak.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:30 am

I'm a ss guy.Use to fish fresh but not so much these days. mostly topwater.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 am

Welcome to MAFF bud! Topwater is by far my favorite fishing- either froggin or jitterbugging at night produces some of my best and most exciting bass. This year I spent time learning how to throw the jig and crank bait and both techniques are also great...especially in colder water. Good luck!

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 am

Biggest bass i've ever caught was twitchin a floating rapala at night in the summer under a full moon.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 am

And that bass in your profile pic looks huge!

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 am

bti111

Biggest bass i've ever caught was twitchin a floating rapala at night in the summer under a full moon.

Must have been a hell of a rush! I saw one of my friends catch a 28 inch pickerel slowly working a a rapala at night a couple summers ago.

Where do you usually fish?

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm

haven't fished much fresh water the last few years. used to fish the Norton res. Sampsons, Wakeby, halfway pond for largemouth. ashumet and hamblins for smallies.

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Welcome - some good discussion here. Newenglandfishing.net is another great forum if you haven't visited that one. So much good information online these days!!!

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Jbigun - Newenglandfishing.net is not an active forum. Looks like it was abandoned in 2009, which is sad because it looks as though it was a really active site. I was able to sign up but I was not able to access any of the forum material.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 am

It's plenty active, believe me Exclamation Laughing The homepage hasn't been updated in quite some time, but if you click on Forums you will find plenty of active topics Exclamation

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links