I was looking for a decent jig/frog rod and came across the Powell Diesel that's on sale at TW. Anyone have experience with their products?

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Nobody here's touched a Powell rod???

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 pm

i am sponsored by powell rods and i having nothing negative to say about their rods. i love all of them especially the diesels

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Well of course you don't, silly. Can't dis a sponsor. But I respect the fact that you disclosed your financial interest. That's both the legal and ethical thing to do.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

berkleegrad

Well of course you don't, silly. Can't dis a sponsor. But I respect the fact that you disclosed your financial interest. That's both the legal and ethical thing to do.

thanks haha

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Your 16 and you have sponsors...? If you are thats great no disrespect form me just want to know how you went about getting them.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm

kamilfishes

i am sponsored by powell rods and i having nothing negative to say about their rods. i love all of them especially the diesels

Thanks a lot! I'm probably going to pick up a 7'6 diesel at some point this month. I just wish they had a H instead of MH.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I have a bunch of Powell max and endurance. Very light and sensitive especially for the price. Great warranty too. The rods are powerful. In would say half a power up than average.

About to sell one too probably. 7'2" extra heavy fast endurance.

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 pm

I picked up the powell diesel 7'6" med heavy for punchin matts last year. It has a great backbone and has pulled many 5 and 6 lbers out of thick matts with weights up to 1.5 ozs. For the price its a good tech - spec rod imo. Didnt find it very light, but like i said its got some backbone, im usually a shimano guy, but i like the diesel. Good luck!

Posted Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 pm

thecontender

Your 16 and you have sponsors...? If you are thats great no disrespect form me just want to know how you went about getting them.

just have to be good at the sport and talk to companies

Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links