I received my order from Tackle Warehouse last Friday -- took advantage of Black Friday sale to get both a Revo SX (gen 3) and leftover Revo STX (gen 2). I spooled the Revo SX with 12lb flouro and paired it with a Berkley Cobalt 6' 6" medium rod and took it for a spin at Ponki today throwing jerk baits and small spoons. Didn't catch any fish but the reel impressed me a lot. First off, it's tiny, about 3/4s the size of the gen2 STX and light as a feather. Second, it casts the flouro a country mile. Third, it's smooth as silk, but then aren't all reels when you first get them. Time will tell. I'm just bummed that I won't get many opportunities to toss a bait for a few months.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm

berkleegrad

I received my order from Tackle Warehouse last Friday -- took advantage of Black Friday sale to get both a Revo SX (gen 3) and leftover Revo STX (gen 2). I spooled the Revo SX with 12lb flouro and paired it with a Berkley Cobalt 6' 6" medium rod and took it for a spin at Ponki today throwing jerk baits and small spoons. Didn't catch any fish but the reel impressed me a lot. First off, it's tiny, about 3/4s the size of the gen2 STX and light as a feather. Second, it casts the flouro a country mile. Third, it's smooth as silk, but then aren't all reels when you first get them. Time will tell. I'm just bummed that I won't get many opportunities to toss a bait for a few months.

Sweet I'm ordering 6 of em soon

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm

I like the idea of a gear review...maybe it could be a sticky that is permanently at the top of the page and could have sub categories of lures, reels, rods, etc. That way when someone picks up some new gear, they can review it and it will be easily accessible for people to view when they're looking for info for purchasing their own new gear, and they won't have to pick through all the posts on here.

Don't really know if that's possible or not, or if people would actually do it, but it seems like a good idea to me, haha.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:25 am

Actually, I think that is an awesome idea.

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:30 am

It would be really cool to make it a seperate thread area like how they have diff places to post (ex. General discussion, bass fishing)

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 am

kizel13

It would be really cool to make it a seperate thread area like how they have diff places to post (ex. General discussion, bass fishing)

+1 to this idea

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:52 pm

+1 !!

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links