I can't believe this message board is worse than the nesportsman.com board now. This whole site is completely different than when I started using it in 2007. This is fishing!!! And people who love fishing!!! Get a hold of yourselves! I don't understand why the mentality is guilty until proven innocent. Too many "know it all's" lately. I think what made this site great was there was a diverse mix of anglers. Not everyone is a tourney guy, or saltwater surf caster, or a kayaker, ect, but willing to share, communicate with-out the BS, and tough guy keyboarders. Relax people, we have a good thing here, don't blow it up because you can't keep your attitudes, and sometimes over the top opinions in check. It's ridiculous, everyone's so worried about what someone else is doing. Get over yourselves! It's FISHING! It's supposed to help you get rid of stress.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am

Well said John!

I'm also going to add (and this may or may not hurt feelings) that there are no LEADERS here. There may be people who organize tournaments and lead in that sense, because they kinda muscled their way in (and that's exactly what happened, making people tired of it all and stepping aside) but this site is for ALL fishermen and ladies of ALL shapes, sizes, skill sets and styles. THAT is what it is (or was) all about and not the "I'm in charge" and "These are the new rules because I (or a few of us) say so" and so on and so on.

It never used to be like that, but over a short period of time, turned into that. That makes it not such a happy place to visit and post trips like it used to be in the very beginning.

For the most part, this is a great group of guys with some outstanding knowledge, but the power trips and self-ego boosting and small group stroking has got to stop. It's driven a lot of the "Old School" people away and pushing the remaining ones over the edge soon to follow. If this the face of MAFF now, then you can have all the rules and regulations you want and live happily ever after on your hijacked board. Congratulations, you've turned it into the club that you always wanted.

Guess I just made the new MAFF naughty list. Was nice knowing you all!

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 am

Good post John.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I've only been a MAFF member since last year so I don't have the historical perspective that some of you have, but I think this is a great site 99% of the time. The other 1% is no different than any other web community, you get your occasional dustups and then things settle down again. All I know is that I've met some great guys and learned a heck of a lot about fishing in a very short time.

I think guys are just frustrated now because the season is shutting down and we aren't getting on the water as much as we need to.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Throughout the course of this day I have grown more disappointed about the course that the 10 pound bass thread has taken. People flat out calling the guy a liar and then creating a new thread to make fun (bully tactics) it's total bullsh*t.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm

roger i think everyone's scaring all the fisherwomen away

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Sam when he says ladies I think he means us

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I guess its too much to ask for some honesty when posting up pics and reports. No one is going to call anyone out for posting a 3.5lber and calling it a 4. But post a 2 lber and call it a 5... you deserve to be poked fun at.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

pocketfisherman

Well said John!

I'm also going to add (and this may or may not hurt feelings) that there are no LEADERS here. There may be people who organize tournaments and lead in that sense, because they kinda muscled their way in (and that's exactly what happened, making people tired of it all and stepping aside) but this site is for ALL fishermen and ladies of ALL shapes, sizes, skill sets and styles. THAT is what it is (or was) all about and not the "I'm in charge" and "These are the new rules because I (or a few of us) say so" and so on and so on.

It never used to be like that, but over a short period of time, turned into that. That makes it not such a happy place to visit and post trips like it used to be in the very beginning.

For the most part, this is a great group of guys with some outstanding knowledge, but the power trips and self-ego boosting and small group stroking has got to stop. It's driven a lot of the "Old School" people away and pushing the remaining ones over the edge soon to follow. If this the face of MAFF now, then you can have all the rules and regulations you want and live happily ever after on your hijacked board. Congratulations, you've turned it into the club that you always wanted.

Guess I just made the new MAFF naughty list. Was nice knowing you all!

Wow, I feel a little insulted,

1st let me say that NOFX99 was the first to refer to someone in a post as the leader, he was also the one who got everyone as worked up as they did, after which he probablly sat back and got smashed while he laughed at all of us arguing amongst ourselves. In defense of that person he referred to as The Leader I stepped up and dubbed myself "the leader" for sake of the conversation and to bear to brunt of the bullshit coming out of his mouth. By no means does anyone lead.

2nd there have been no "these are the rules because I said so" so on and so on.

Im going to keep this all on me because that who I feel its being aimed at, no one "muscled" their way in, this was a sit down discussion with Johnny and the decision to pass the reigns on was made collectively, we just so happened to step up and grab a whole of them when they were offered.

please remind me not to do anyone any more favors if this is the way Im going to be viewed.

P.S. next years season is completed, every body of water every permit right down to extra parking for places that are too small to fit us all, plus the addition of two open events to generate funds to make the end of the years TOC's payout in excess of 1,300$ for both the big boat and cartopper events.

The only thing that is going to be different next year is the seperate end of the year events for the 2 divisions, no changes no new rules, no BIG I's or little u's.

So in closing I want to say I am NOT angry with your post Roger, I consider you a great guy as well as a great angler and friend but I am a little hurt by this. Hopefully my response will not be viewed as harsh if so it was not my intention.

And once again if you all look back you will NOT SEE one comment by me in reference to the fish or its size, so please exclude me from further discussion involving that particular post

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Not for nothing Rich, but you are just assuming he is lying. You were not there, so you can not prove or disprove it. I think is a great fish, with a scale shot. If he's lying that is on his integrity, but if he's not lying, you look foolish in my opinion.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm

breathe in and out innnnnnn and out

- i also love the carp posts that show a 3 lbs fish advertised as 40 lbs monster -- i mean jeez i have to hold me back not to laugh but hey - there is more stories then fish - that has never been different

Laughing

and who defuq cares about weight anyways as long as its over 20 "

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 pm

meat7gtk

Not for nothing Rich, but you are just assuming he is lying. You were not there, so you can not prove or disprove it. I think is a great fish, with a scale shot. If he's lying that is on his integrity, but if he's not lying, you look foolish in my opinion.

I think it is a great fish too, not 10lbs great but great. No one said it was not a great fish. it is big by Mass standards

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm

It's a sad day for the MAFF community. All the drama, bullshit, and insecurity is ridiculous. It's amazing how a few people can change the whole vibe of the whole community.

More and more the group who made MAFF a great forum are leaving.
Too bad this WAS a great forum.
R.I.P MAFF

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:59 pm

rokibass

It's a sad day for the MAFF community. All the drama, bullshit, and insecurity is ridiculous. It's amazing how a few people can change the whole vibe of the whole community.

R.I.P MAFF

MAFF is fine! Everyone needs to put their big boy pants on and relax.

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

rokibass

R.I.P MAFF

HOW ABOUT WE ALL UNITE AS A TEAM AND GET RID OF THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY BRING DRAMA TO THIS SITE...IN PARTICULAR NOFX99, ANYTIME THERE HAS BEEN ANY SORT OF BICKERING OR POTENTIAL VIOLENCE OR ANY OTHER s*** HE HAS BEEN A BIG PART IF NOT THE CAUSE OF IT ALL TOGETHER

MAFF ONLY DIES IF WE LET IT I DID MY PART BY STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE TO RUN EVENTS LAST YEAR THAT GUYS COULDNT MAKE AND TO SET UP NEXT YEAR TO ENSURE THE FUTURE.

LONG LIVE MAFF

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links