Wachusett and The Sud close today for the season.. I would like to thank both places for giving up some Awesome Fishing this year. Thank you and see you again in April. Guess there is only 1 thing left.....BRING ON THE ICE!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

A sad day indeed! But ice on both ponds on way to office this morning so maybe another muskie adventure tour get together coming soon!

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

Skim ice on some ponds on the south shore Laughing
Can't wait to get on some ice this year!!!!! Winter needs to start NOW!!!!!

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Bring on the ice is an understatement! There is only one thing that will get in the way when the ice does get here...my job! I have limited fishing experience on the ice in the evening hours (in the dark), but we do fish real early in the morning (in the dark) with very good success. I suppose my question would be if anyone does fish night hours and if they have had any success. Any responses would be greatly appreciated...
The warm weather thats coming per the forecast is crushing my dreams, but until that happens I am going to take a ride and look for some ice, I heard it's safe in Canada...lol

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 pm

As it gets darker the plankton and all the little bugs rise. All the panfish feast.

Posted Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 pm

a couple of years ago. i was waiting for my mom to pick me up after a day of ice fishing.
i had only 2 traps out cuz it was pitch black out. i set them up under the light one close to shore and one a little deeper.

i hooked some thing big on the trap close to shore. missed it as i tried to reset it, the trap farther out went off.
i kid you not i could hear the line peeling of the spool.

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links