Hey guys just wondering if anyone fished the ipswich river with any luck.

Posted Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 am

I was just going to ask that same question. I fished there yesterday for the first time, always wanted to try it out. Fished for a couple hours with no luck. I know it's a little late in the year, but I thought the trout would still be biting. Pretty windy day, so maybe it turned off the bite.

I parked in the Bradley Palmer lot and walked the trail along the river stopping at several spots. Not sure about how deep the river is, but the current was slow and steady. Water seemed pretty stained, and although I thought the water level looked low, I overheard a [asser by cmment on the water being high. Fished a stretch of a few hundred yards or so. Not as much shoreline access as I hoped, but I found a few spots that looked good.

I'm pretty sure the river gets stocked, but like I said, I didn't have any luck yesterday. Fished a couple different sized Rapala minnows, and ended with a few casts with a gold Blue Fox spinner. I think next time I go, I'm gonna take a pack of crawlers and some floats just to try to locate so fish. Does anyone have any info on this location? Does the river hold any bass or other species?

It's a nice scenic place to fish, being Saturday morning I saw a good amount of joggers, dog walkers, cylclists, and even a couple riders on horseback. Might also be a good place to launch a canoe.

Posted Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links