so a buddy of mine who lives in bridgewater has a perfect small pond in his back yard, its about the size of 3 inground pools. its spring fed and already had some kind of small bait fish that i cant seem to catch one to see what it is. ive found large amounts of big bull frog tad poles and a good size colony of bull frogs along with leopard and wood frogs. but the biggest thing im excited about is the good amount of crayfish ive seen(good for fattening those bass up) over the summer i put 13 largemouth in the 8 to 12in size, 16 adult blue gill and pumkin seed sunfish and 1 yellow perch. 6 or 7 largemouth in the 12-15in size and 3 largemouth in the 16in range. theyre all doing good so far i stocked it in the spring. most of the fish were taken from a pond that was being drained in the summer. so i figured id save as many as i could and have my own lil spot.

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm

btw these fish were all extremely skinny and within a month or so of them being there they looked like that, all big guts one of them is just under 3lbs ill try to find the pic im hoping for some fry this spring

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

That's awesome

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm

i agree, that's pretty cool. you saved fish that were going to die and put them elsewhere. now they're getting huge.

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Nice that fish is eating very well!!

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm

nice that is the dream to have your own stocked pond congrats

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

That's my dream. I've always wanted to build my own pond.

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links