Anyone out there, and I know there are, who fish's the Agawam R., I would appreciate some information. I use to live in the Merrimac Valley & fished the various rivers up there. I miss doing that & heard about the Agawam R. Where can I put my 16' Tracker aluminum/25 hp bass boat in there . . . what is the water/bottom like . . . how deep? Are there danger spots? Thanks in advance. Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am

Not sure where you are coming from but. I take 495 south to 25 south to exit 2. Follow 28 east to the red light. take a left then another quick left so that you are back on 28 but heading west. ramp entrance is on your right about 100 yards up. Hard packed dirt with quick drop off once in the water. parking for about 5-6 rigs. Beware of break ins at the ramp. I never leave anything in my truck and leave the doors unlocked. The river channel snakes left and right as you move up river. In summer with heavy vegetation it is easily seen. As weed die off it become less obvious. I would not recommend anything but no wake speed until you know the place well.

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Like he said....lots of break-ins there. You'll notice the window glass on the ground in the parking area. The problem here is there's a big drug problem in wareham and kids like to hang out here. I've pulled in before with 4 kids in a car. They opened the window and all the smoke came pouring out....pretty funny.

Good luck and go slow!!!!!!

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

It's a shame that wareham has alot of drug ridden low lifes. There are some incredible places to fish! just like everyone else says though don't leave anything of value! I got a rod stolen from my dads car Mad

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Gentlemen, Thank you very much for the information. I will use your advice wisely.

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links