I've seen the map of webster lake on mass.gov and it is a little helpful but i'm looking for a map thats a little more accurate and specific on depth and bottom content throughout the lake. Is there a place online or anywhere in central ma i can purchase one? I have spent a decent amount of time on this lake and I've come across some decent areas but i don't have a gps or anything so i always have a hard time finding these areas.

Posted Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't know of any other source. Is the map more detailed on a Navionics chip?. Having said that, the state map is pretty good. If you can "read" what the contours are saying, it's surprisingly accurate. It you can get your hands on the 3 bass bets books there are 3 articles for Webster. Combine them with the topo map and things start to come into focus.

Posted Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 pm

thanks stratos! i'm defanitely gonna look into those articles on webster

Posted Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Speaking of Navionics, they have a very cool app for smartphones that only costs $10 and provides topo detail on many freshwater lakes as well as inshore areas. Sadly, Whitmans isn't in their database.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm

berkleegrad

Speaking of Navionics, they have a very cool app for smartphones that only costs $10 and provides topo detail on many freshwater lakes as well as inshore areas. Sadly, Whitmans isn't in their database.

That sounds interesting, may have to check it out. Since Mass doesn't have a ton of large bodies of water I wonder how useful it would be to us.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I actually misspoke, Webster Lake is IN the database. I was thinking of Whitmans Pond.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links