spent a lot of time at Wachusett and only caught 1 perch, 1 pickerell and 1 small bass! any tips on this place?

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 am

I heard they were biting early and hard this morning on the Rt 70 side.

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:51 am

The best tip I could give is either pack a lunch and hang out in a spot for a few hours or my choice give it a half hour on a spot no bites move to different type of shoreline the are GIANTS in there you just have to put in your time keep changing up or moving until you know where they are some days 20-30 fish others 0 you never know it can be discouraging keep going back

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:45 pm

went again to wachusett, do not think i hit the Salmon running. Fished where the still river comes in, one bit. moved to the church nothing, no bits. laast shot was down Rt 70 again nothing.

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm

i`ve been told the railroad bridge right where you were is a great spot for salmon what are you using for bait

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm

I went Saturday morning for a couple of hours on rt 70 side. Fish were all sorts of active. I had several strong bites and my bait stripped several times. Lots of smallies cruising the shoreline & jumping quite a bit.

I seem to have better luck out there at first light for about 2-3 hours and then the bite shuts off around 9-10 AM.

I have learned this year that you definitely have to put your time in at the Chu.

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 am

did not get any big hits or fish today. Caught 2 bass and a perch all small. started out where the still river comes in (where i caught the fish) then moved over to where Quinaboag river comes in Nothing! not even a bite. there is fish in this pond! and one of these days i will get one! been coming here off and on since 1974.

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Keep putting in your time Maybe try fishing in alittle shallower water, they should be moving on in. And use that Perch that you caught for bait

Posted Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:00 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links