I haven't spent much time using this rig, but I'd like to implement it to target panfish/trout from shore when fish just won't look twice at a lure. I checked out some You Tube video about how to properly rig a set up, but I have a question about how well these rigs cast when the bobber stop or bobber knot is reeled into the spool of the reel. I would figure the knot opposed to the rubber stop would cast better. Any info or advice on where to use these rigs, what time of year is best, or best depths to fish a bait off shore?

Probably be using small shiners, crawlers, or Gulp.

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:38 pm

I us a slip bobber with artificial baits for bass this time of year when a nasty cold front comes through or anytime the bass are really finicky and it works good, but i don't reel the bobber stop into the spool, it doesn't seem to cast well for me but i have heard people say they do it without any problems. I like to use 10lb braid as my main line, it seems to slip threw the bobber better because it doesn't have any memory like mono or floro. I use a 6lb floro leader as well. happy fishing!

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:08 pm

by the way, I don't suggest using the knot type unless to tie your own, the ones from walmart fall apart and don't stay in place.

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links