Anyone having luck catching trout? I have seen the usual suspects with their lines in the water at their usual spots when I drive by the pond for work. Haven't had a chance to get out fishing in the past few weeks so I haven't really been able to see what going on with the trout bite. I checked the Mass Wildlife site and they say that trout stocking is the last week in September-Columus Day.

I'd like the get out a few times before Winter but between work, the shortening days, and a 3 month old son, I don't find much time to fish.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm

about 3 weeks ago I was fishing cochituate in natick with my son and caught 3 by accident on the trusty bobber and warm lol.

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 am

All the waters to be stocked in the fall have been stocked. I went to Houghton's Pond and all i caught was a LMB dink. I hear that Long Pond in Plymouth is a pretty good spot to catch some trout. Not too sure about the other stocked waters though. Good luck getting out there...sounds like you're a pretty busy fellow

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 am

I got a 12 inch Rainbow at Hopkinton Reservoir last weekend. They were jumping frequently out in the middle of the reservoir.

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:13 pm

I got a 12 inch Rainbow at Hopkinton Reservoir last weekend. They were jumping frequently out in the middle of the reservoir.

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:15 pm

I caught 3 medium sized brook trout in Beaver Brook on Thursday.

There was also a large rainbow hanging out under the tree I was standing on, but he wasn't interested in anything I was selling, and swam away.

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm

prov1

about 3 weeks ago I was fishing cochituate in natick with my son and caught 3 by accident on the trusty bobber and warm lol.

That's funny because I've never had luck with that set up for trout. Do you have luck using a float and worm often? I feel like sometime we over look the simplest and most effective things. I've used the Powerbait rig with the slip sinker and floating eggs/dough before for stockies, but other than that I used husky jerks and small spoons.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 am

Anyone know any streams, brooks, ponds etc. that hold native or wild trout? I feel like fishing for stockies is kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Real trout fishing to me is hiking through the woods and fishing little streams and brooks.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links