Any tips for drop shot?
Never tried this tactic before mainly because I never freshwater fished in a boat until this year.
I know how to tie the rig
When to use them? Season?
Lures?

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm

drop shots will work in any conditions. mostly i use em in deeper water like 10ft or more and get mostly smallies. i fish webster lake almost everyday and drop shots kill em there. i tend to use minoow style plastics on a drop shot with a 3/8 weight

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Works best with good electronics from a boat dropping straight down on fish you can see with the fishfinder.I use it from shore also slowly dragging the bait so you can always feel the bottom.Very good technique if throwing and dragging fish slow you don't impart any extra action to the bait the current and anything you bump into gives plenty of action think less is more

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Use the lightest weight you can use and still feel the bottom leader length is important based on where the fish / or grass is in relation to the bottom some baits work better that other (that you have to find out on your own) I've had success throwing it in 3 ft of water all the way to 40ft of water it works in any season

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:20 pm

i am also new to this style Neil you will have teach me when you can we should have a few days were people can share there styles to new fishermen and or gals it will help keep the sport alive

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:37 pm

buff84

i am also new to this style Neil you will have teach me when you can we should have a few days were people can share there styles to new fishermen and or gals it will help keep the sport alive

Ya we can go throw it at cook one day

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Very Happy Go Fish looking forward to learning from someone who knows more than i do love to learn new ways to be better

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links