I know I saw Stratos talk about where to go for Pike if you're aiming for them last week, but I am heading out the for the first time this weekend and seeing how big it is and we are only going out for like 3-4 hours, I'd like to increase of chances of fish. With that being said, where would people recommend fishing? Going to go in the morning and I have a 12' tracker topper with 4 hp if boat size matters at all as to where to go. I assume (which I could be completely wrong) that cause the waters getting colder they're moving more towards structure/shore and jigging/square bill/spinnerbaiting near wood or other structure close to shore would be a decent plan. And any tips about either smallie's or larry's is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Lots of rock on the point and shallow humps.I like to go all the way down to the other end and fish between the island on the left and the inside cove then work the rest of the way down the bank.The fish can be anywhere in this place.I always work the coves and docks,then the weed beds.You may find fish deeper with dropshot and crankbaits.We went labor day week and caught 8 or 9 fish,mixed bag of smallies and largies.The biggest was 3 to 3.5.We used craws.buzzbait,shakeyhead and senkos.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Ditto what kenny said I also talked to a few guys prefishing for ABA (after we left) who claimed the spinnerbait bait was working in and around the humps

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

HUMPS are your best bet for Pike there. You will be fishing around more fish in a smaller area. Sure there are pike in other areas of the lake but they are more concentraited on the humps. the humps are about 200 to 300 yards straight out from the ramp and then slightly left. If you get to the big main lake point after the 2nd cove on the left, you have gone too far. It comes up and down and up and down in that area.

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 pm

I plan on taking my canoe here next week. Never been here before. Never caught a pike either. I'm thinking of tossing my senile sticks shads I use for stripers. Big spoons and spinner baits. If I toss out big baits for pike, there's a chance I could catch a huge bass

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:29 am

I plan on taking my canoe here next week. Never been here before. Never caught a pike either. I'm thinking of tossing my senile sticks shads I use for stripers. Big spoons and spinner baits. If I toss out big baits for pike, there's a chance I could catch a huge bass

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 am

bassturds

Be careful in a canoe there. This place can get nasty in a hurry.

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 am

Sorry Stratos, I was referring to bass stuff not pike, I kinda made it seem like I was aiming for pike cause Im special. Btw I don't have a fish finder yet, so how would I locate humps at all? Or just blind luck with a topographical map

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

zack137z

Sorry Stratos, I was referring to bass stuff not pike, I kinda made it seem like I was aiming for pike cause Im special. Btw I don't have a fish finder yet, so how would I locate humps at all? Or just blind luck with a topographical map

Humps arn't on the topo map. Use a bottom bait around the area I described and use a countdown method. The tops of the humps are around 6-8' and come out of 20+'depending on water level. The shorter time it takes for your bait to touch bottom, the closer to the top you are.

If you are fishing for bass, yes the humps hold them too but shoreline stuff hold more. Just pick a shoreline and stay on the TM

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 pm

New lingo, what's TM?

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Trolling Motor

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Haha, that'd make sense. Is there a lot of structure on shore besides the docks?

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 pm

so this places get nast with a stiff wind? i dont have a freshwater motor boat and im sure my 20ft carolina skiff with 90 horse yahmaha is to big for this lake.
i just got to watch the weather...and find a nice cove to stay out of the wind.
i just want to catch A pike. and if that pike is 10lbs awesome. as long as catch one

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm

ZACK get a fishing buddy. thet are a portable fish finder for cheap money. i got mine at dicks sporting goods in plymouth. but they dont always have them. and when they do they go fast.
it gives you bottom structure, water temps, fish and depth. i got the cheapest one for $130 but they have more expensive and better ones

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:51 pm

zack137z

a few of the real shallow humps and shoals are marked withbouys , you can miss em

Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links