hey all...my first post here. im from dracut. i havent been fishing in a good 2 years (freshwater anyway), and am looking to get back into it. i dont have a transport situation right now which would allow me to purchase a boat, but hopefully over the winter i will figure something out in that regard...

i've fished a few holes here and there around the chelmsford, dracut...etc...area, and am looking for more, or perhaps "better" options from shore. flints pond in tyngsboro has served me pretty well for pickerel and large mouth, but it's often very slow, and there's not much access to the other parts of the pond. mascuppic in dracut is not worth wasting your time from the boat launch area, and the one public access point produces very little bass.

anyway, just looking for more options...i've taken monday and tuesday off this week in order to get my feet wet again. lol. thanks.

Posted Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:07 am

well good luck and welcome to the family

Posted Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:34 am

there is no good shore fishing spots in the area. every place is limited and you won't catch much.

Posted Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:06 pm

are there any spots within a 45 minute drive or so? maybe as far as 290 on 495, or medford on 93?

Posted Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:12 pm

TRY THE MERRIMACK RIVER BEHIND BIG POST OFFICE DOWN TOWN LOWELL GREAT SMALL MOUTH AND BIG CARP WALK DOWN SMALL DEAD END ROAD RIGHT SIDE OF POST OFFICE THERE IS A STONE WALL THAT RUNS ALONG RIVER WITCH THEY OPENED TO PUBLIC AND GOOD FISHING
TO YOU
DAN

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 pm

thank you dan...i will try there. i've had good luck with carp down behind jacksons restaurant in methuen. i will try lowell.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

i've always wanted to fish the merrimack for shad. i think they run early spring. gold spinners/ spoons. there was an on the water episode that they were fishing near one of the damns in lowell i think.

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 am

i haved fished for shad at the base of the dam behind the university dorm. there is a small trail and the fence was clipped for access. i havent been in a few years though. some days you can hook up dozens of shad in just a few hours.

i fished long pond in pelham, got a few sunfish, but there were dozens of dead fish along the shore. bacteria warnings everywhere...

fished the concord river a good 2 hours at the boat launch...no action at all. went to littleton to mill pond. couple good bites, but one got off in the weeds and i missed 2 hook sets....way too many weeds though. may try flint later this afternoon. its good to get out though. nice day today.

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links