My first time there Sat. , Just wanted to see I cast a couple of time with a spoon and walk around the shore to find spots to bring my son. It was a windy day and the water was choppy is it always like this and what kind of fish is in there , what is the best lure to use .
I did notice by the boat ramp it was rocky is it like that all around the shore line? I got to help a man and his dog get his little jon boat in the water from his truck, man the water was really choppy it just push that small boat around .
I have a bad ankle an could not help him to much. I hope I don't have that much trouble if I get a boat but did see 2 other bass boats out there with 1 operators so I guess 1 person can load and unload the boat.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:20 am

The Watuppa can get like the Mid Atlantic I've seen 2 foot rollers out there, when ever its windy you can bet the Watuppa looks like the ocean, I grew up here the fishery is not what it use to be but it still holds fish , you can access the pond from a lot of different locations, there are quite a few good shore locations on RT6 near the Fall River/Westport line, if you come off Brayton Avenue to RT6 there is a medical center with about a 1/4 mile walkway you can access a lot of shore line from

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I was there with my club on saturday. That guy and his dog both ended up in the water and he nearly lost his boat.Some guys from my club and some other guys around the ramp helped fish him and his boat out.Luckily the guy and the dog were both safe and his boat and motor were saved. he is VERY lucky since he didnt have a life jacket. wattupa is a nasty place and should never be taken for granted.

Posted Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links