Just wondering if anyone could suggest any ME lakes and ponds close to the Ma border..The fiance and I would like to get out of Ma for a day on labor day weekend possibly and not have to drive 3+ hours to enjoy alittle bit that the ME waters have to offer..have fullsize bass boat so need places with decent ramp

Any help is appreciated Cool

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:16 am

i've heard that Mousam Lake in Shapleigh is a good smallie place. never been there before though so can't 100% confirm. i know some guys on here have fished places in maine and can hopefully provide some good info.

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:08 am

ive been to mousam lake, my buddy has a house on it, ive caught some good sie smallies and even better larrys. it can get vey busy on the water though, the larger half has better smallie and the smaller half has better largemouth through experience.

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 am

Theres Mousam (ramp off Little Mousam) , Square and Great East within 15 min. Of each other. All have nice state boat ramps aquadic sticker is needed ($20) you can get at bait store. All lakes have large mouth & small mouth bass, lake trout and browns.

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 am

Thanks!

Anyone know where the closest bait store is to any of these places?

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 am

check out this address in google maps

146 Emery Mills Road, Shapleigh, ME 04076

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:58 am

I think that is lakeside there is also another bait store right across the street I know he sells the boat stickers. Its a small attached group of stores the bait store is on the far right, used boats are usually in front of it. The boat ramp for little mousam is just up the road.

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks Sam ,Roy and all!

Posted Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links